The Son

A wealthy man and his Son loved to collect rare works of art. They had everything in their collection from Picasso to Raphael. They would often sit together and admire the great works of art.

When the Vietnam conflict broke out, the Son went to war. He was very courageous and died in the battle while rescuing another soldier. The father was notified and grieved deeply for his only son.

One day, a man came to the father and presented him a painting of some sort. Now came the time the father of his only begotten son had realized that the man who came to him, was the soldier his son died for.

"Pardon me Sir, I knew your son very well. He came to me when he saw me injured and carried me to safety. Around the time we got to cover, he was struck in the heart with a bullet. I know this isn't much but I would like to give you this as a gift from me to you." The man said holding a painting.

When the Father soon saw the painting, he realized again that it was a portrait of his Son. The Father was healed to only see his sons detailed face with such great care.

"Oh, thank you! How can I ever repay you with such gratitude?"
"don't worry, it is a gift!" The man replied.

Soon after that moment of healing, the Father hung the portrait above the fire place, where he would always look at it and cherish it.

A couple months later, the father died. But before he did, he hung the portrait of the son above the fire place.

Five years later.

An auction occurred at the Denis Rich House Of Art. Everyone wealthy was to attend. As soon as everybody got there, the auction began.

A man in a very well suited tie and with a painting in his hand came to the people.
The painting in his hand, was the soldier of the father who died five years ago.

"Who's willing to go for 1000??" He questioned
"We want to see the good paintings!" One man shouted.
"Who is willing to take the son?" He asked
"Let's see Starry Night!" Another man said.

"The Son, The son, Who will take the son?"

In the back of the room stood an old man, he rose and said " I will for the amount of ten dollars!" The old man was poor.

" Going once, going twice, sold, to the old man!"  The wealthy man said.
One man shouted " now let's see the good paintings!"

The man replied " I'm sorry, I can't do that because the auction was for the son and the son only. The auction is done and the old man gets everything and every painting!"

Moral lesson-
You see, the soldier was Jesus and the Father was God. Whoever takes the Son, get everything.