4 - Lingering Presence

This book is based and inspired by The Vampire Diaries.

All rights go to The Vampire Diaries television show on the CW, Lisa Jane Smith (the author), Julie Plec and other producers of the show; except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

-Zayn Malik

Chapter Four - Lingering Presence

"Don't you think Alaric was acting weird today?" I asked bluntly while pushing my tray to the right as the line moved.

"No. Not at all. Why would you think that?" Caroline asked beside me as she did the same.

I shrugged. "I don't know...." I trailed off. "He just kept glancing at me and Elena, the whole period. It's weird...."

Yes. It is weird.

FLASHBACK

Before I could even answer Elena's question, Alaric walked in to the room as usual, carrying his thick heavy books with him. Everyone went back and settled down on their seats as Alaric settled down his textbooks after greeting a fine morning.

Alaric Saltzman, is our history teacher and our aunt's boyfriend. But right now, i think they had a fight of some sort seeing as that Jenna's been staying on campus and I haven't seen them together lately.

"Okay, what are learning today..." he trailed off while flipping through the pages of the book he was carrying a while ago. I sighed and placed my chin on top of my hand, while my elbows rested on top of my desk. School is so boring.

"Our lesson is covered by the sixties." some random girl in front said, making his head snap towards her.

"Right. The sixties." Then I saw him look up and scan the room with his eyes, probably to check who's paying attention and who's not. I saw his eyes land on Elena. It's not surprising that he'll easily see Elena, since she's practically sitting right in the middle of the room. Then his gaze fell on to me.

I also looked at him and slightly raised a questioning brow. What is Alaric looking at? Why is he looking at me that way? I'm paying attention! See?

He quickly looked away and cleared his throat as he diverted his eyes to the other side of the room. "I wish I could say something great about the sixties. But, well, it kinda suck."

end of flashback

"And how did that make Alaric weird? Its natural. He's probably just checking if you two were okay." Caroline said as she took the juice she ordered from the lady.