"So that's why you did this? To try to get me to remember things from my first life?" He nodded in response. "Well it didn't work, and now I feel like a whole day was wasted."

"It wasn't a waste, Alexia. Roman and I have been talking to people trying to find out where your Dad might be."

"And have you found him? Have you found out anything?" she snapped.

"Don't get upset with me, Alexia, we are trying. You might not like the way we are doing things, but trust me, it's the best way."

Alexia didn't say anything as she stared out at the water. She felt bad for lashing out at him. He was trying to help, but she wished they weren't acting like this was a vacation. There was no such thing as a vacation for her while her life was in danger. Trying not to let Demetri see her cry, she quickly wiped a tear from her face, but of course he noticed.

"Hey," he said softly as he stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, "don't cry. Everything is going to be okay. I promise we're going to figure things out. Look at me." The usually forceful and aggressive Demetri waited until she turned around on her own. He tilted her face to look up at him and he wiped another tear from her face. "I always hated seeing you cry."

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "And I'm sorry for what I did to you and your brother. I can't believe I was that kind of girl..."

"It wasn't like that, Alexia. You just didn't know what you wanted back then."

"I still don't," she muttered under her breath, which she immediately regretted. He let go of her and started walking back towards the party. "No, please stay." She didn't mean to sound so desperate for his company, but she was desperate. "I didn't mean it like that, Demetri. I didn't mean that I don't know if I want you or Roman. I just don't know if I want this life. Being alive forever doesn't seem so glamorous right now. I've had enough problems in one lifetime, and I can't imagine how to deal with an eternity full."

"Don't think of that now," he responded as he walked back to her. "You're thinking too far ahead. I understand that you're scared, but can we please just have a good time. I've wanted to be alone with you for the past three days and I finally am, so don't ruin it for me by being so worried." He walked up to the dry sand and sat down, patting the spot next to him. "Sit with me." The bottle they had been sharing was half gone now and she was feeling a little bit tipsy. She knew it was a bad idea to be alone with him when she was drunk, but she didn't care.

"I've wanted to be alone with you, too. We never got to talk about what happened in your room. I wanted to apologize for just walking in like that."

He laughed and took the bottle from her taking the lid off. "Don't apologize, I like the way that turned out." He took three big chugs and handed the bottle back, and she mimicked him and took three as well. His arm went around her and pulled her closer to him. Feeling confident with herself, she got up and sat right between his legs, allowing him to hold her tight against his body. They watched the water for a long time, just drinking, enjoying each other's company. After what felt like an hour, Demetri finally spoke. "Your friends are probably worried about you, so we should go back."

"I don't want to." Her words slurred together. "I want to stay with you, on the beach, all night."

He laughed. "I don't think that's a good idea, you never know what could happen if we spent the whole night alone together." Alexia knew what he was getting at, but she didn't care what he thought might happen.

"Can I stay in your room tonight?" It was very unlike her to even ask such a thing, but it wasn't the alcohol talking. Ever since they had arrived in Greece, she had felt so far away from home. But now, sitting with Demetri on the beach, she felt at home. So far, every moment they had shared together had been physical, and it was almost at the point where she was worried that there was never anything else to their past relationships. That had all changed; they had been alone for almost an hour and a half without so much as a kiss. It made her forget that there was another guy on that beach who was madly in love with her that she connected with.