two

It just so happened that Marinette had been sick that day, and had not noticed that Adrian wasn't at school. So when she heard the news, she flew into a panic. She spent a good amount of time in her room, sobbing. She didn't want to believe that Adrian was gone.

Adrian, who was always so nice to her.
Adrian, who had a face that must have been crafted by the heavens.
Adrian, who never made fun of her for being so weird around him.
Adrian, the one she loved with all her heart.
Adrian, who deserved so much better than what he got.
And now he was missing.

Marinette wanted to stay by herself and cry, but she knew that she couldn't just sit by. She, or ladybug, rather, had to help. Teary eyed, she pulled herself to her feet and said feebly, "Tikki, spots on!" She underwent her transformation, which thankfully cleared away any signs of her crying. She made her way to the police department as fast as she could, where the search was taking place.

She arrived, and was a bit surprised to see that chat noir was already there. "Hello, my lady," he smirked, but then noticed how sad she was. "Hey, what is it?" he asked, but ladybug didn't respond. "You knew him?" he guessed, and ladybug gave a small nod. Chat noir wanted more than anything to be able to reveal himself, but he knew that if he did, his freedom would be gone. So he didn't change.

"Hey, I'm sorry. We'll do our best to find him, I promise," Chat noir smiled, putting a comforting arm around ladybug. He felt bad about the grief he was causing, and about the lies he was telling, but he wanted to stay as far away as possible from his old life. And he couldn't look suspicious.

Ladybug gave him a small smile, which was the most that she could muster. The meeting started soon after, and they discussed tactics.

"I suggest we check the hotels first, since he might be hiding out there," chat suggested. He knew that if they checked them first, they wouldn't check again, when he would be using them.

"Good idea," said the mayor. "I really hope we find them...my daughter is devastated."

Ladybug suddenly felt a little bit bad for chloé. Even though she practically hated her, she still had feelings, and could miss a person.

"You should get some rest. You must have really loved the guy, so you'll need some time to recover," chat noir told her, and after some protesting, he finally convinced her to go home and sleep. So she ran close to home, and turned back to her normal self where no one could see her. Her father offered her a cupcake, but marinette just went straight up to her room. Adrian was missing. How was she to cope?