Gerard

I wanna do a character Q&A. Anybody up for this?
________________________________

Me : I want you to FaceTime me.

Me : ....someday.

Jackie : Whew! When?

Jackie : Why not today?

Me : I don't want my cousin to know about you; he's an arse you know? So we'll do it when he isn't around.

Jackie : okay, you're right. I shouldn't let my brother know either.

Me : So what about on New Year's Eve?

Jackie : that's what I was going to say! Jordi would be gone for his friend's birthday party.

Me : Great, does 9 p.m sound okay?

Jackie : yes :)

Jackie : you don't know how nervous I am!!! I'll finally see you, oh my gosh!!!

Me : Well I'm excited ;)

Jackie : Same ;)

Me : And don't hide your face or something :o no cheating.

Jackie : now that you've said it, I could consider doing it ;)

Me : Jackie, no.

Jackie : I was only kidding, daddy.

At first, I wondered if she'd agree to FaceTime me or not— she was, in no doubt a little less prevaricating than what I was, yet I had a feeling that she wouldn't agree to reveal herself yet but I was wrong; much to my relief.

I know, planning a FaceTime was pretty lame, but it's not like I had an option. Imagine if Núria walks in on me, whilst I'm relishing on Jackie— no, that wouldn't be pleasant at all.

So to avoid such circumstances, I chose December thirty first— the day when Núria would be having some sort of a "girls day out", leaving me alone until next year– well, hypothetically next year, technically next day.

•••

Christmas was over within a blink of an eye, and here I was— seated at my mahogany desk, arranging tonnes of physics assignments on a Monday morning in my office; how pathetic.

My mind drifted off to Christmas— the night was crazy— like, batshit crazy. Like every year, I wanted to celebrate Christmas with my family; so Núria and I had to drive over to their abode.

It was almost midnight when we returned; nonetheless, my fiancé wanted to get drunk. I knew her intention— she wanted to get laid.

To avoid unnecessary drama, I had to agree. I let her drench her soul in bottles of exuberantly priced vodkas, while I, myself gave up after just two pegs.

Nonetheless, I had a severe headache next morning, followed by a tiresome day. While everybody was at home, enjoying their weekend, I had been working in school, setting papers for the surprise test on Monday.

"Good morning students," I husked, walking into one of the dungeons that they commonly termed as a 'classroom'.

Placing the pile of paperwork on my desk, I smirked to myself— "You're going to have a surprise test today; on Fluid Mechanics."

A wave of disappointment spread across the room, with soft 'ugh no's' and 'what the fucks' here and there— ha, surprise, surprise, motherduckers!

"That's enough!" I glared at the pesky bunch of creatures before me whilst slamming the papers onto the first desk, motioning the hipster-looking fellow to pass it on.