Chapter 9

"What you seek is seeking you."

― Rumi

She drove back home after work, when she got back she noticed that grass looked freshly cut, the outside living room windows were open, she noticed a figure standing inside.

She walked toward the living room, this living room is used for special occasions only, it's safe to say it hasn't been used in years.

"Mama what are you doing?" Hind asked as she noticed her mother arranging the place while the maid is swiping the floor.

"We're cleaning the living room for when the men comes." Her mother replied.

Hind didn't understand why her mother cares that much, they're going to say no again so why bother arranging and fixing the space for them.

Hind left to her room leaving her mother and the maid that has been working for them for over a decade now to finish whatever they were doing.

______________

Right after salat almaghrib Mohammad's father and his brother met to go together to Hind's parents house.

Umm Mohammad called Umm Hind informing them about the time of the men's arrival.

Hind was sitting in her room when her mother walked in.

"You're uncles are here." Her mother said.

Hind haven't seen them in ages so she fixed her hair and the flawy almost long sleeved summer dress she was wearing.

She walked toward the living room to see her three uncles sitting down sipping coffee.

"Assalam allikum." Hind greeted looking at them.
"W allaikum Assalam." They all replied.

Her eldest uncle looks almost exactly like her father, but only from the outside. The man was cruel, she new that from a very young age. Her other uncle was couple years younger than her father, he was nice, but he doesn't talk much, and her third uncle is the youngest one, he's only few years older than her, they were really close in the past.

Ahmad her youngest uncle smiled as he saw Hind.

"Hanood." He called her name as he opened his arms hugging his niece. He felt bad for not coming often to see them, but he's been outside the country for 5 years now and he just got back.

Hind smiled, he's the only uncle that she felt close to.

"Kbrty." He said ruffling Hind's hair like she's a child.

"Don't." Hind tried removing his hands from her hair, he always does that ever since they were young.

"So you work now." Ahmad her uncle said.

"Yes." Hind smiled.

Ahmad started telling her stories about his adventures abroad.

"You didn't !" Hind laughed.

"Yes I did." Ahmad nodded with a devilish smile on his face.

"How did you not get caught?" Hind asked.

Ahmad was about to answer when their conversation was cut short.

"Then men are arriving soon, let go the Majlis." Her eldest uncle said, his other uncle stood up following his brother.

"Guess it's time to go for now, you're getting married." Ahmad winked.
Hind cheeks reddened.

"No Ahmad I don't want to." Hind said.

Ahmad rolled his eyes thinking his niece is just embarrassed and he followed his eldest brothers out to the Majlis.

They reached their house half an hour after the prayer.

Mohammad was surprised to see his cousin leaving the car with his father, his uncle.

"Mayed?" Mohammad looked at his cousin, he didn't expect him to come, no he actually didn't tell him they were going.

"What, of course I would come." Mayed walked toward his cousin as he hugged him.

"You're grown man now bro." Mayed said dramatically.

"Let's go inside." Ubo Mohammad called his son and his nephew.

As they entered the majlis they were welcomed by three men.

Two were about the same age as his father, and the third one was around their age, he thought it might be her brother.

After their Salam they sat in silence for few minutes sipping their coffee.

"The reason for our visit today is we want your daughter for my son Mohammad." His father spoke then looking at his son Mohammad proudly.

"It's our pleasure to have you here with us today Abu Mohammad, and if that's the reason for your visit today we're more than happy to give you want you want." The eldest brother spoke.

The men talked for a bit and discussed other topics before dismissing themselves and excusing themselves to leave, as the uncles promised to get back to them with an answer in the upcoming days,

After the visitor's departure, Hind's uncles left shortly after speaking with her mother.

Hind was sitting down with Mansour while he finishes his homework.

"Hind can you come to my room, I need to speak with you." Her mother called.

Hind knew what her mother wanted to discuss and she wasn't excited about it,

She followed her mother to her room and her mother motioned her to close the door behind her.

She sat down after closing the door opposite to her mother and she waited for her mother to start talking.

"I spoke to your uncles, and Hind you know I want nothing more in life than to see you happy, and I do believe this man can make you happy, your uncles told me so much about the man, and I asked about him too and all I heard are good things, so before you say no, think about it this time, and take your time, I believe that you're mature enough to make the right choice." Her mother ended her statement with a smile as she walked toward her daughter.

"I love you Hind." She kissed the crown of her head before existing the room.

Hind was left with her thoughts once again.

Sometimes in life the strangest things can happen that can flip the once quiet life you had into a mess, and turn things around but that's only to make you rise afterward, because life is not meant to stay the same way for long, and your heart isn't meant to be yours forever. but despite it all the ups and downs, right after the storm and all the mess, comes almost that lonely dreadful quietness, and you wish once more you were still stuck in that storm you once disliked, for it was very much more exciting, it was different. 

I'm sorry for not updating more often, believe it or not, I've had this chapter ready since January, but I couldn't bring myself to edit it and upload it, but I'll try to update as much as I can.