Chapter 14: second chances

Harry ran his hands through his soft curls. He wanted to know why Carter left him. Was it too soon? Was he moving too fast? Did she not love him back? He should never have done that. Why couldn't his life be simple? Like in fairytales and films?

He raced down the stairs and dashed out the door. He sprinted down the driveway to be met by a familiar face. "Will mate, what are you doing here?" Harry inquired as Will climbed out of the car. "I just popped in to say hello. Why? Are you busy? Because I can leave if you want..." Will queried. Harry closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Maybe he was talking this too seriously? After all, she'll be back later, right? "Er... no. it's just something with Carter." He sighed. Will nodded understandably. "Come on, you can tell me everything while making me a cup of tea." Will winked, gesturing Harry into the house.

Harry explained everything, all while making Will the cup of tea he had requested. "So where's Carter now?" Will asked. "She ran away after I kissed her." Harry mumbled, looking at the floor. "Then why are you sitting on your ass talking to me when you could be out there looking for her and telling her how much you love her?!" Will exclaimed. "I... I don't know." Harry spoke, quietly. "Go go go! Find that girl and tell her you love her Harry!" Will stood up and shoved Harry out of the house.

"And while you do that, I'll be here raiding your fridge!" Will informed Harry, chuckling to himself.

Harry grinned widely before setting out to find Carter. He strolled down the path keeping an eye open at all times just in case he saw her. He dashed down the street to see a massive traffic jam. He shoved his hands in his pockets and went to see the source of the traffic. To his horror, he saw Carter on the floor lying in a pool of blood. He ran to her and bent down beside her.

"No, this is not happening. Carter, please, just wake up." Harry begged, shaking Carter's limp and unconscious body rapidly. No response. Harry shook her again but nothing happened. "Carter please, just because I pretended to die doesn't mean you can." Harry chuckled quietly, hoping that a bit of humour might somehow revive Carter. "Please, I'm so sorry." Harry whispered, a tear falling from his eye.

"Oh my god!" an all too familiar voice squealed. Harry looked up to find a tarty face staring back at him. "Lucy?!" Harry exclaimed. Lucy just smirked. "I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I knew there was something between you two!" Lucy chattered excitedly. "So? Why should you care?" Harry scowled at the Barbie doll stood in front of him. "Oh nothing. I just can't wait to tell everyone that I had the pleasure of knocking down Harry Styles' new girlfriend!" Lucy beamed fakely. "You knocked Carter down?! What the fuck Lucy?!" Harry shouted.

"It's not like I'm the only who wants her dead! No one likes her Harry!" Lucy mused, gazing at her manicured nails. Harry remained silent, being much more enthralled in Carter's health than having a petty argument with Lucy. "You're so pathetic Harry. You should just leave her there to die." Lucy rolled her eyes and stomped off. Harry pulled out his phone and called the ambulance.

"Don't worry Carter, hang in there. I promise you that everything will be ok." Harry whispered to the lifeless girl that lay beside him.

* * * * *

"Niall, you're free to go!" The doctor smiled. Niall jumped out of the hospital bed and scooted into the waiting room. "Sup boys." He grinned at 3 very worried looking boys. "Niall, you're alive!" Zayn yelled, overjoyed to see his friend. The three boys engulfed him a massive hug, soon breaking apart, grinning widely.

Liam thumped Niall in the head. "Hey! What was that for?!" Niall tittered, clutching his head. "What the hell were you think Niall?! Why the fuck would you go back to get food?!" Liam responded angrily. "But it was Nandos!" Niall whined. "Niall you are such an idiot." Louis chattered, shaking his head. "If it weren't for Zayn you would probably be dead!" Liam added.