Chapter 13: its gotta be you

A few days had passed since then, and, as Carter had requested, things went back to normal. Harry was much more aggressive towards her and her beatings had become daily again, although Harry seemed reluctant to hit her. She listened to everything he said and went where he wanted to go. They had also gone back to school, where Lucy made Carter's life even more of a misery. Carter wasn't herself at all; she was more like a ghost. She barely ate, she never spoke and she didn't sleep much at night.

The only brightness left in her eyes was Liam, Niall, Zayn and Louis. She talked to them every night and pretended nothing was wrong. They still didn't know when they would be able to come home, but Carter prayed that it would be soon.

Today, it was Carter's parents' anniversary. Their 4th anniversary to be exact. Carter was always really close to her parents, especially her dad. She was a daddy's girl, where-as Liam was more of a mommy's boy. She missed her mum and dad so much, and she knew that they would be so ashamed if they knew what she had become. A pathetic, wreck-less and disgraceful girl.

She had the whole day planned out. As it was Saturday, she didn't need to endure any torment at school so she was going to go straight to her parents' grave. Then tonight she would call Liam and speak to the other boys too. She knew Harry would try to get in the way of her plans somehow, but she wasn't going to let him today.

She threw on her clothes and put on a light sheet of make-up to cover the bruises caused by Harry's friends. Harry never actually did much damage to her recently, which was very peculiar. She slipped into her shoes and grabbed her phone before jogging downstairs.

"Where do you think you're going?" A deep voice whispered in Carter's ear as she approached the door. "Out." Carter replied sharply. "No you're not." Harry spoke sternly. "Why?" Carter quizzed. "Because you're staying here." He retorted. "But Harry-" she tried to argue, but it was no use. "Carter, I'm in a really bad mood today so I suggest you do what I say." Harry said through gritted teeth. Carter sighed before heaving her heavy bones into the sitting room. "What do you want for lunch?" Harry quizzed. "Nothing, I've got a tummy ache." Carter moaned fakely. Harry rolled his eyes and headed into the kitchen.

That had been Carter's answer a lot lately. She felt ill all of the time and had such a small appetite, compared to the huge one she used have. Herself and Niall used to have eating contests all of the time, mostly with Niall winning. No one can come between that boy and his food.

About an hour later, Harry went upstairs to have a shower so Carter took advantage of his absence and fled outside. She shut the door quietly and began to slowly walking along the busy streets, shuddering slightly at the thoughts of what Harry would do to her when she returned home.

Harry jumped into the shower and washed himself thoroughly. He then wrapped a towel around his waist and strolled into the room, whistling aloud. He got changed and dried his hair. He then jogged downstairs to find that Carter was gone. He frowned and cursed under his breath. She was going to pay for that later.

Carter dragged her feet along the path until she came to the cemetery. The cemetery was a cold, wet and dark place, even in daylight. It was very run-down and badly-kept, but Carter always made sure to keep the grave spotless, as she visited it regularly.

She came across her parents' grave and laid the bouquet of flowers she had bought previously onto it. She smiled at the headstone, letting a single tear trickle down her cheek. What if things were different? Would Harry still be the same? Her dad never exactly liked Harry, but she always tried to convince him that he was amazing. I guess her dad almost knew who the real Harry was. But quite frankly, Carter still doesn't believe that the Harry that is waiting for her at home is the real Harry, she believes that the Harry she knew years ago was the real deal. She wiped a stray tear out of her eye.