Prologue

Prologue.

My breathing became irregular when I realised where I really was.

How could I have been so foolish?

How could I not have noticed this?

I sigh, and brush my long, blond hair with my hand while looking around.

A way out, that was what I had to find before He notices that there's someone in His territory, without His permission.

The moment I spot a small path, and walk towards it, I hear the crushing of leafs and twigs.

I hold my breath, hoping for someone to save me.

I stood still, thinking this would help, but then I feel someone breathing down my neck.

Immediately, I froze, without any guts to turn around and face Him.

"What are you doing here?"

Goosebumps is spreading over my arms and legs when I hear the voice. Hot flames ignite in my stomach, and my cheeks color pink.

I open my mouth, trying to say something, but nothing but a puff of air escapes my lips.

"I asked you something!"

I cringe when hearing the outburst, and a small sob of fear leaves my mouth.

Flashbacks immediately pop up in my head, and I squeeze my eyes shut. Hoping that I can get that memory out of my head.

He grabs me by my arm in a rough manner, and turns me around in one swift movement.

I keep my eyes trained on the ground, afraid of what was about to happen. Afraid of how He would end my dear life.

"Look at me," He commands on an angry tone, but somehow I still manage to catch the curiousity in his voice.

I swallow, but still do as He says. Slowly I move my head up, while my eyes glide over His body.

Not a single ounce of fat, nothing but massive muscles.

My eyes reach his chin, and I don't go any farther than that. He, however, ran out of patience as he harshly grabs me by my chin, something that emitted pleasurable tingles that went through my body, and his eyes meet mine.

And that is the moment my Wolf, Hella, utters just that one word.

'Mate.'

--

Puck had a rough start in his life, but now, two years later, everything has changed.

He is stronger than he has ever been before, stronger than anyone has evern been before.

And ever will be.

He was dangerous, really dangerous.

He was the Rogue, the Rogue that no one ever knew the true identity of, nor that they ever wanted to find out.

He lives in the deeper parts of the Woods, the Woods that no one ever enters unless they had a deathwish.

Puck has trained hard, for two years straight.

Day in, day out.

And all of that hard work was about to pay off, he would get what he wanted, and he wouldn't go soft on people.

He wanted revenge, and he was going to get it.

--

Melody has a tough past, but other than most people, she is determined not to let it stop her from living her life.

She wanted to learn from her past.

She has decided to leave her 'home', and travel. Something that she has enjoyed ever since she was a little girl.

Being free, without any care in the world.

A free spirit, and friendliness; those were the two words that would perfectly describe the girl.

With nothing more than a small backpack, filled with her clothes and most prized possessions, she sets out on her journey, not knowing that this would bring along the biggest changes in her entire life.

Something that starts out as an innocent journey throughout the world, ends in a dangerous chase for finding the perfect balance between good and evil...