Chapter 5. Twisted Mind

Pallynne squeezed her eyes shut and focused on where she wished to go. In a split second, both Jax and her bodies faded away from the tree and they ended up about ten blocks away from the tree. And fortunately on the opposite side of the hunters.

The Aether wolf hybrid let out a breath of relief and tried her best to slow her heart beat. She kept her eyes locked onto Nightshade who was still looking up into the tree for any movement but then her eyes rolled down, and stopped on the two glitches. But before she could react, Pallynne shot into run and pulled Jax by the arm. He yelped again but he soon caught up to her.

Pallynne whipped her head around and shockingly, Nightshade wasn't following her. She had a smirk plastered onto her face just like the one in the poster. Her crimson eyes cast off the slightest glow to her face which made her bright red lips look dull.

"I'll find you again if it's the last thing I'll do!" She yelled across to Pallynne, but she just ignored and kept running.

"And at least one of you will be dead!" Pallynne wasn't listening anymore. Her head was facing forward so she could see where they were going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Malik." Nightshade said while looking at something off in the distance.

"Yeah?" He replied slowly getting up.

She reached her gloved hand inside her vest and pulled out a roundish bottle of a regen. Potion. Shade tossed it to her companion without looking at him and he caught it with both hands.

"Uh, thanks." He mumbled. Malik popped off the cork of the bottle and chugged down all the liquid. His hip, arm, and all his other injuries slowly started healing again, and he could eventually stand up.
In a few minutes, he got up and walked over to his hunting partner. She was staring off into the spot where Jax and Pallynne had been headed. Her expression didn't flinch. Malik was slightly dumbfounded.

"You still want to go kill those two?" He wondered out loud.

Nightshade nodded. Then her expression darkened and she balled her hands up into smooth, white, gloved fists. Her eyebrows bent down in an angle and her mouth curled into a frown.

"I know that look." Malik explained. He had known Nightshade long enough top reconized her emotions through her hand actions, moving mouth, and her face altogether.
Suddenly, her expression changed and softened the slightest and her fists unfolded down to her sides. She straightened her brass goggles on her head and spun around. She walked quickly towards the nearest building. Her tailcoat vest flowing behind her in an angry motion.
Malik followed behind.

"Come on Malik. We need to get a map!" And her expression changed into a smirk at the last part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pallynne carefully laid Jax down on a bed of straw and took out the medical kit she had bought earlier. They had found an old abandoned barn to stay in for the night and the only thing they had to do was block up the holes so no mobs would come in.
A few short minutes went by of groaning, shifting, and small yelps of pain from her companion. She eventually got the bullet out after so long and he seemed to be at peace. His expression softened and he stopped squeezing his eye shut. His breathing eventually became even and he could move without too much pain.

"How bad was it Pallynne?" He wondered.

"Quite infected from flames, dirt, and a few other things but don't worry. That guy I met at the shop gave me some bottles of medicine to help the wounds. I think you'll be fine by tomorrow." Pallynne replied hopefully.