Chapter 3. Glitches Being Hunters?

It was about sunset when Pallynne and Jax finally made it to a village. The large square sun slowly sunk down over the horizon leaving behind a peachy pink streak of colour, following behind it a fresh crimson red, at the second last was purple splattered with navy blue, and at the tail was an even darker blue with pearl white stars splattering the sky. Some bigger than others, most smaller than the first but no matter what, it still looked beautiful for Pallynne. During her nights of not being on the run, she would rest high up in a tree and let her gaze move to all different types of sparkling balls of fire placed high in the sky.
She wish she could say the same when she looked on the ground at night. Large hairy spiders with glowing crimson eyes would await the arrival of their next prey to sink their fangs into once the sun vanished. Creepers would stare horrendously at every player that caught their gaze and would charge with their vibrant green skin expanding every passing second. Endermen would try to avoid eye contact with a player, since they were scared to swipe at them with their vicious claws or bite down on a piece of warm flesh just to end up either with a sword through their back, or a fading corpse of a once living being at their feet. Zombies would moan and groan at their forever infected wounds and long but to wish they could be human once again. They would want revenge on the creatures that killed them so they would take their anger out on vulnerable players instead.

The two glitches walked through the nearly crumbling gates and saw a large sign above them. WELCOME TO OCEANIKTYLE Both of them didn't bother feeling welcome in the small village. If anything, they would feel frightened to walk right into a hunter death trap. If they didn't have such skill in fighting, they might as well kiss their lives goodbye as the hunters would catch sight of their 'glitch-like features' as they strode by.
Oceaniktyle wasn't much of a hustle and bustle type of place. There were no children wandering the streets, not many fully intact houses with players living in, and there only seemed to be three real places selling items to people. At the edge of the village was a small inn Jax and Pallynne thought would be a good place to stay but started having second thoughts when they saw the rusty sign above the door, moss covered walls, and only one single flickering torch at the entrance.
Pallynne took a deep breath and her gaze froze at a nearby rusty bench for them to rest on. She carefully, but surely, took Jax's good arm off her shoulder and leaned him back to rest on it. His breathing was ragged and he begged for the pain to stop but it wouldn't unless the bullet was taken out. And Pallynne didn't have the right materials to pull out such a vicious object. She instructed Jax to take long even breaths and he did as well as he could but not as good as Pallynne wanted.
The sat there for a few minutes before something colourful and vibrant caught the Aether wolf's eye. She turned her head to the right and saw just on the wall near them was an old bulletin board of posters of hunters. Some of them Pallynne wasn't able to read because of how torn it was, and because someone had crossed out their face with red paint. (Hopefully red paint was what it was and not anything too disturbing) Two of them that stole her gaze were of a boy and a girl somewhere around her age.
The boy had vibrant hair with reds, yellows, and oranges speckled everywhere. It almost looked like someone had poured lava inside a mould and let it harden, but it still kept its colour. Vibrant red curls would flip up in so many random places it was even crazier than Pallynne's hair. His eyes were like his hair, they were glowing an extremely bright red he didn't look like any normal player. She recognized over his shoulders and most of his body was a bright tailcoat vest that seemed to flap as if there was wind in the picture. Underneath his vest was a bright yellow shirt that looked slightly big for him. There looked to be a little too many folds and wrinkles in it to be just his size. Shockingly, since it looked like something a waiter would wear to a formal restaurant, it almost seemed to fit him. Around his neck was a crimson bow tie that appeared to almost be strangling him because of its tightness. She almost felt sorry for the spawn clothes he had to wear but not sorry enough to want to give up her life. The boy's hands were placed on his hips like he was some sort of hero. He held a smirk on his face that looked both mischievous and horrid.
The girl had a similar smirk on her face like the boy's but it was with more hatred. Her eyes were put into more noticeable slits and she seemed to be glaring more than smirking. Like she could hardly wait for her next kill.
Her skin was almost so pale it didn't look human. Her blood red lips and glowing crimson eyes brought out her pale complexion even more. Cascading all the way down her back were long locks of sleek black hair streaked with red. There were bouncy curls resting on her shoulders but most of the curls lay hanging behind her back. One of her red eyes was completely covered by her hair, and Pallynne was curious what it was like to only see out of one eye. Around her smooth pale neck were a pair of black and red headphones with the red nearly casting off an eery glow to her neck. A pair of flight goggles lay slightly crooked on her forehead just high enough for them to not slip and fall over her eyes. Similar to the boy's but still quite different was a bright red trench coat with what seemed like a similar red high collar to Pallynne's. Except she had blues and whites. Perfectly white gloves were neatly placed onto her hands and she was guessing she had more than one pair because she would probably get them dirty after five minutes of hunting. In both her hands were twin daggers pointing out as if someone was right there she wanted to stab.
Underneath both their figures were their names. The boy's read in large loopy handwriting: Malik And the girl's was in similar writing but almost glowing red: Nightshade
One thing that really caught her eye was their definitely not player-like features. The glowing eyes and strangely coloured and streaked hair. They were both glitches!