Beautiful Paris

The flashes of the streetlights behind my eyelids woke me from my sleep, the first thing I saw being the calm waters bellow the bridge we drove on reflecting a city lights back up at me.

I blinked my eyes and wiped away the sleep before I turned my head to the front of the car to peer out of the front windscreen and at the bright city ahead of us, my neck cracking as I moved. The city was a pretty to see indeed, especially at this time of night, they were almost like yellow twinkling stars.

"Papa?" I muttered quietly, slightly in awe of the city.

"You awake?" My Papa piped up from the driver's seat, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

I rolled my eyes at him, obviously I was otherwise I wouldn't have spoken.

Papa frowned at my rude gesture and sighed. "Guess you've figured out we made it to Paris, eh Kiddo?"

I shrugged and again looked out the window again.

"Well...." My voice cracked, still gravelly from sleep. "If that thing that 'suspiciously' looks like the eiffel tower is anything to go by....Obviously we have."

Papa chuckled to himself half heartedly, keeping his attention on the road. "Right, Right. Sorry, Ma Copine, guess I'm so tired I forgot about France's greatest treasure."

I frowned as he said that, feeling a bit of worry naw at my stomach. "Are you okay to drive? We're almost there, right?"

Papa cracked me a smile through the rearview mirror. "Don't worry Ma Copine, there won't be any crashes on my watch. Besides, out new home is just around the corner."

I relaxes at his words, sighing quietly. I worried about my Papa a lot, he always pushed himself too hard, particularly so when we were on the move. His dream was to carry out my late Maman's dream of making it big in the fashion industry, but he and his designs never were accepted anywhere. However, that didn't make his quit, in fact it drove him further.

Every time he was rejected he'd just pack up, uproot me and head somewhere else with his designs, a big smile on his face all the while. We'd been everywhere from Limoges to Le Mans to Lyon. Now we had even come to Paris of all places.

I loved my Papa, and I supported his and Maman's dream but no matter how many times we moved I never got used to it, never enjoyed it and always found myself missing my home back in Calais; where I had been born and where Maman had been laid to rest.

I really missed Maman.

"Ma Coupine, wake-y wake-y, we're here."

I hadn't realised how deep into reminiscing I had gone until Papa shook my shoulder and snapped me out of it with a start.

"We're here" Papa repeated with a smile before opening his car door and stepping out.

I shook my head and undid my seatbelt before following him, making sure not to forget my book bag in the car. Papa was lifted a few boxes out of the trunk with a grunt by the time I was out of the car.

"Want some help, Papa?" I asked, coming to his side and steading him quickly when he stumbles back from the weight of a few boxes.

Papa looked down at me with a red, strained face. "Yes please, Ma Coupine. Then you can have something to eat and head off straight to bed if you'd like."

As I took a few of the boxes out of his arms I scrunched up my face, confused. "But what about food and beds? Are they here already?"

"Ahhh I never did tell you, that's right..." Papa answered as he walked towards the large wooden door, grunting with each step since he still held the heavier of the boxes. "I sent the movers on ahead of us, they would have gotten here with our things and set up the beds and kitchen by now. So don't worry about it, Ma Coupine."

"Oh, sweet." I was happy that Papa had thought ahead, I was actually feeling really hungry now that I thought about it.

Once we made it to the door Papa had to do a sort of juggling act as he balanced the boxes on one of his knees while he hurriedly searched his pockets for his keys then opened the door, practically tumbling in once it swung open.

"Voila!" Papa announced rather proudly as we stepped into out new home. "Isn't it gorgeous?"

I dumped the boxes by the door before looking around sceptically. It was a nice warm shade of caramel all around the first floor and also carpeted, aside from the kitchen which was an appealing aqua and eggshell palette and obviously tiled.

Then came the upstairs, it was similar to the downstairs aside from the fact it had a more auburn look than caramel and nice dark and shiny oaken floors.

"Your room is on the far right!" Papa called up to me from downstairs as he moved things around. "All your stuff should be up there! Oh, and you have your own bathroom this time!"

That's all I needed to here.

As soon as he was done talking I raced down to my room, shouting a "Thanks Papa!" After me.

As soon as I threw the door open I had to stop and drink the room in for a few moments.

The room was a soft velvety red with white trimmings and the plush carpet was a nice simple grey, there was an inbuilt closet with a mirror door to the left of the door, my desk was set up to my right with my computer and stationary and my bed was set up in front of a gorgeous large window with a large sill obviously made for sitting.

I practically melted in awe, the room looked amazing. Normally, I wouldn't care what my room was like since we most likely would be leaving soon anyway, but I knew Papa had customised this room with paint for me since it was so different from the rest of the house's colour scheme. My heart squeezed and I smiled, an actual genuine and large smile.

Something I hadn't done in a long time.

---

Ayy guys! My first story on Wattpad! Wooo!

I really love Miraculous Ladybug, and since my laptop is dead I decided to just use my phone and post my ML Fic on Wattpad instead of Fanfiction like I usually do.

Sooo, feedback and encouragement would be very much appreciated since, like I said, this is my first story on here!