Chapter 2

Rachel's POV

Why does time fly when you're having fun and yet it's slower than a limping turtle when you're at school? I glanced at my watch and we still have thirty minutes before free period. I glanced at Riley who's sitting on my left. I stifled a laugh seeing her drawing Mr. Atkins, our AP History teacher, with a pig's head.

I stared at the board while he continues to retell stories about the Yorks and the Lancaster. I can feel my head drooping and my eyelids getting heavy. I shook my head awake lightly, glad that he's head is burrowed deep within his book while reading aloud.

I glanced at the side of the room. In the first row, just beside the window is Lex's sleeping figure. Her arms are sprawled cross at the table with her head buried in it. For a straight A nerd, I thought she'll find this class interesting. Seems like Mr. Atkins really took the word "boring" to the next level.

I fixed my gaze on Lex trying to figure out what Chloe liked about her. She doesn't seem to be the athletic type. She's always alone aside from having her cousin with her. She barely speaks to people, and if she does, it doesn't last for more than three minutes. Or maybe two. I've shared all of my AP classes with her for the last three years and she's always on top. Over all, she's nerdy and a bit weird, emo even.

Perhaps it's the way she looks. I haven't seen her face really up close but knowing Chloe, she's got a real great taste when it comes to appearances.

An idea came to my mind. I tore off a page from my notebook. I looked at Riley and started scribbling.

Let's sit with Chloe's new crush at lunch ;)

I passed the note to Riley. She gave a nod and smirked as she glanced at Lex. She wrote and passed the note back to me.

Sure. We also need to guard her. Slutty Stacy is sooooo gonna avenge her coffee-spilled outfit.

We spent the rest of the History class passing notes back and forth. As soon as the bell rang, we headed towards Lex.

She stretched and removed her eyeglasses rubbing her eyes.

"Hey, Lex. We'd like to sit with you at lunch. Would that be alright?" I asked her with a smile on my face hoping she'll say yes. She stopped rubbing her eyes and opened them slowly. I was stunned seeing her dark brown colored eyes. It's depth made me feel as if she was staring directly into my soul.

She wore her eyeglasses back and looked at me and Riley who was just beside me. She grabbed her things and stood up. She flashed a smile and I felt my tummy constricting into knots.

"Okay, Ashford" She turned to Riley and then glance around the room. "Where's your blonde friend? Cleo?"

"Nope, her name's actually Chloe. And she's probably at the cafeteria already" I remembered Chloe having a crush on her so I took a step back. I walked keeping a short distance away from her.

She's got beautiful eyes hidden beneath the frames covering her eyes. Her smile is charming though it's just a tight-lipped smile, not reaching her eyes.

Riley and Lex engaged in a conversation about the birthday on Thursday but I tuned it out. When we reached the cafeteria, we headed to Lex's usual table. Everyone seemed to fix their eyes on us.

Whispers and murmurs filled the air. Some wondering why we're talking to Lex. Riley being the co-captain of the soccer team makes her popular. She's also one of the people who everyone likes to befriend but no one dares to be cross with. Her parents also co-own the school so everyone knows her. Not to mention that everyone's drooling over her. She has wavy black hair reaching her waist, Latina complexion and grey eyes.