Chapter four: Mi Casa Es Su Casa

Nitro's pov:

After Arik said his name, Axel would not stop trying to get more information out of him. He asked questions like 'What's your last name' 'How old are you' 'Do you have any brothers or sisters?' so on and so forth. I gotta give it to him, he wasn't going to stop asking questions unless Arik's answered them, good thing Stephan stepped in, if he hadn't told Axel to shut up there's a chance he'd still be talking.

I looked at Arik's and saw he was checking out the car, looking at things, well I think that's what he was doing. He looked like he didn't mind all the questions but at the same time he looked like he was getting pretty annoyed. 'He sure knows how to confuse people with his facial expressions.' I thought, crossing my arms. I turned my head and looked out the window seeing we were getting closer to From the corner of my eye I could see Arik staring at me, I raised an eyebrow, turning my head to look at him an ask if he needed something, but when I did he'd already turned to the window. I smiled and shook my head.

A few minutes later, after I'd stared out the window for what seemed forever I looked back at Arik. I smiled to myself when I saw he'd curled back up an had fallen asleep. "Geez, you sure do sleep a lot" I mumbled to him, though I knew he couldn't hear me. 'Maybe I can...' I slowly reached my arm out and scratched behind his left ear, not too long after I did that he started pushing his head into my hand and made an odd noise. It kind of sounded like he was purring, except it wasn't exactly that. "Haha, holy shit. You're not even awake are you?" I asked.

Stephan must have heard me cuss because his eyes shot up from the road and into the review mirror. "Watch your fuckin language." He mumbled.

Axel started laughing and he looked at Stephan. "I wonder who he picked it up from, Mr. Hypocrite," He said, turning his head to look back at me.

"I'm allowed too, he can cuss when he gets a job... Or moves out," Stephan grumbled as he turned his attention back to the road.

"Don't be so cruel, let him live a little," Axel said, giving me a wink. He's always sticking up for me when Stephan decides to ride my ass on something so little. He's a good brother.

I shook my head a little and smiled at Axel. Not long after that we arrived home. Stephan told me to take Arik inside, I didn't fight him about it. Like, what else was I going to do? Leave him in the car? I shook my head a little and got out of the car. I shut the door and walked to the other side of the car, opening the door I carefully picked up Arik. He shifted a bit as I pulled him out of the car. When I started walking to the door of the house he looked at the house then at me only to close his eyes and curl up, rubbing against me as he did.

"Don't think this means anything," He told me, growling as he did.

I smirked and nodded "Yeah, yeah. I know, or else you'll make my life a living hell right?" I asked then walked inside the house. 'Might as well take him to his room.' Yeah, that's right. He's got his own room, though it's smaller than both me and my brothers. I carried him to his bed and laid him down. He opened his eyes and looked around. His reaction was priceless. "You like the bed?" I asked, only to be ignored. Arik then proceeded to grab one of the body pillows on the bed and laid on it. The Orange haired fox smirked a little then held the pillow closer to his body and fell asleep. I raised my eyebrow a bit then walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.

I heard Axel and Stephan arguing about something, I raised my eyebrow wondering what they were arguing about now. I walked to where the voices were coming from, which were in the kitchen. I stood next to the entrance of the kitchen and listened.

"There is no way I'm working in the place hell hole you call 'work,' I just happen to like my job" I heard Axel yell.

"Well it's either you or him, and he's too young n immature to do this. You will apply for this job and you will take it." Stephan grumbled, he was 'keeping his cool' but it was obvious he was annoyed. He stood tall and had his arms crossed, glaring at Axel.

"Try and fuckin make m-" Axel stopped and looked over at me. He stood up straight and his expression changed completely. "Hey kiddo, somethin you need?" he asked.

I shook my head then looked at Stephan who turned around and walked to the fridge, opened it, and grabbed a drink. He didn't say anything to me, but he kind of gave me the 'How long have you been standing there?' stare and it was kind of intimidating. "Can you two keep it down? Arik is sleeping..." I mumbled, slipping my hands into my pockets.

"Oh, yeah. Didn't mean to be that loud" Axel said, rubbing the back of his head. Stephan only grunted and nodded.

"Thanks" I said before turning to walk away. 'How long is it going to take till Arik wakes up? He sleeps like there's no tomorrow' I thought then went to the living room to plop down on the couch n watch tv.