1. Anxiety

Opie had just finished his third beer of the night when Jax called church. The long haired man was attempting to drink away his sorrows and the hatred towards his club. His club. The club that killed his wife and now his father. Opie nodded his head at the prospect behind the bar as he handed him his fourth beer before following his fellow brothers into church. He didn't pay much attention as his best friend and newly found president spoke. "Anything else?" Jax asks. "I'm going to head up to Lodi, see Scarlett let her know about the old man" Opie spoke up. The death of one of the first nine members was still fresh in everyones mind. The only person that hadn't received the news of the late Piney Winston was the youngest child. Scarlett Winston.

Scarlett Winston 

I had just finished cleaning the kitchen when an abrupt knock on the door stopped me from wiping down the bench. Since I moved to Lodi six years ago, I could count on one hand how many times someone knocked on my door without calling first. My eyes found the Glock that lived on the side table next to the front door. "Scar, its me" The voice on the other side of the door yells. "You don't call, you don't write. I thought you were beginning to forget about me Ope" I say after swinging the door open to revel my older brother. "I tried calling" Opie defends himself. "Shit, sorry" I say and mentally curse myself for having my radio up too loud. "Can we talk?" Opie asks. "Of course, come in" I say and step aside to let him in. "I just wanted you to know, something happened to dad" Opie sighs and sits on the couch. "I know, Gemma called me" I say and copy his actions. "How'd it happen?" I ask slowly. "Clay" was all he had to say for me to realise that the man I looked to as my uncle my whole life had murdered my father.  "There something else" he says and puts his head in his hands. "What is it?" I ask. "I was hoping you could come back to Charming and take care of Ellie and Kenny" He says, not taking his eyes off the floor. "Why? Where are you going?" I ask shocked that he'd be leaving at a time like this. "I gotta leave Charming for a while, I'm not sure how long I'm gonna be gone. But there's 20 grand here, it should take care of living expenses. You can move into the house" He hesitates before handing me a paper bag full of cash. "What the hell is this Ope?" I ask. "Look if you can't, i'll just take them to moms" He says, clearly exhausted. "You know she can't look after the kids, Ope. she barely looked after us" I say and he snickers in response. "I know, that's why I came to you". "A few months" I agree. "Thankyou" he says, finally taking his eyes off the floor to look at me. Ope and I chatted awkwardly as I packed up some of my things. I took one last look around my house to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything and the memories of me moving in came flooding back.

19 year old Scarlett

"Opie i'm not just leaving my life behind so you can ship me off to Lodi. He loves me, i'm not leaving him" the young blonde pleaded with her older brother. "It's not up for discussion young lady" Her father said sternly. Opie shook his head as he continued to listen to the same fight that had been going on for the last 3 days. "Your old man's right Scar. You need to get out of here until we can handle this" her brothers best friend spoke. "Stay out of it Jax, you have no say in this" Scarlett snapped. "Enough" Opie finally yelled. "You are going, and i'm sick of hearing this argument. You are not safe here Scarlett. Now start packing your shit" her older brother yelled, finishing the argument. Scarlett knew within herself that her family was right, but she couldn't comprehend how she would be safe, alone in Lodi.

Present day.

"You ready to go?" Opie asks, pulling me back to reality. "Yeah" I smile up at my much taller, older brother. "let's go" I say and walked towards my car. 19 year old Scarlett would have been thrilled that Opie was practically begging her to come back to Charming. But now at 25, i couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to go horribly wrong.