Chapter 14

Me and Riley are friends again. I couldn't ask for a better friend than Riley. Zay walks by the room and hugs us.
"Why are you hugging us?"
"Because I'm glad you guys are my friends"
"Me too"
I finally have friends that can accept me, It's getting late and we see Lucas grandma putting up a fire. And Riley asked
"Hey do you want to go watch the fire"
"Yeah let's go"
"I'm going to find Lucas first"
I walk to the room I couldn't find him, I walk to the kitchen and he's talking on the phone.
"No I'm not doing it"
I walk over to him and he hangs up the phone.
"Hey"
"Hi"
He kisses me
"Do you want to watch the fire?"
"Yeah let's go" he grabs my hand and we walk to the fire were everyone is at.
"Aww look at that couple"
"Look at you guys" he was talking about farkle and Riley. We talked and laughed for hours. It finally feels like I finally fit into this group of people. Everyone went to sleep and Lucas and I just sit there with my head on his shoulder. He holds my hand and said
"So let's make this official"
"Make what official"
"Us, I don't care what people say I want to be with you Maya, will you be my girlfriend?"
"Yes Lucas, I will be your girlfriend"
He picks me up and twirls me around
"So why were you so upset before?"
"It's just my mom again"
"What's wrong?"
"She said that if I don't stop see you she won't put money in my bank no more. But I don't need money in my bank to be happy I need you to make me happy.....that's the reason I pushed you away that day you met her I was miserable without you"
"So you choice me over money?"
"Yeah I know I made the right choice"
I couldn't help but kiss him and he kissed me back.
"Well let's take this back to the room"
He picks me up and we go to the room. He puts me on the bed and takes off his shirt. He started to unbutton my shirt but I'm not sure I'm ready for this.
"Wait Lucas"
"What? Is something wrong?"
"I'm not ready for this"
"Okay I understand"
"Do you want to cuddle?!"
"I love to cuddle my stack of pancakes"
We cuddled and fell asleep. I feel so warm in his arms all night him and me together felt safe like I never felt in a long time. I woke up the next morning with Lucas on his phone still cuddling me.
I laugh "what are you doing?"
"Making it Instagram official"
He took a picture of him kissing me
"So where are we going today?"
"I want to show you where I use to spend my childhood with my grandpa before I moved to New York"
"Show me everything"
"Okay I will show you everything" he kissed me and we went to get ready. I get dressed and I start to put on my makeup on and he came over and put the necklace on my neck.
"Now that looks better"
"Did I not look good before?"
"No you looked beautiful with or without it"
"Thank you huckleberry"
"So how are things at home?"
"It's great! My dad changed he stop doing drugs he stop drinking. He changed....but my mom is cheating on him"
He looks at me and hugs me. And papi joe comes in and looks at us.
"It reminds me of when I was your age, young and in love"
"But you and grandma are old and in love" they start laughing
"If you want to go, we are going right now"
"We coming" we hold hands and go to the car.
We haven't see Josh in a while since the fight. But I don't want to think about him we arrive at the place where Lucas was talking about it was a rodeo.
"So this is where you spent you time cowboy?"
"Yes like it?"
"Well cowboys are hot, have you seen Scott Eastwood?"
"Do I look like him?"
"Yes even hotter"
We watch the rodeo and then we see Josh with misty. They start walking up to us and they start talking to Riley and farkle.
"Are they together are what? Zay asked
"I don't know I don't care I have this one"
"Yeah you guys are cute together"
"I'm going to the bathroom be right back"
I went to the bathroom and when I come out misty was there.
"Hey, Maya"
I didn't say nothing
"Hey, I'm just here to say sorry for everything"
"It's okay I guess"
"So we can be friends? Josh is so sorry too"
"It's doesn't mean anything if he doesn't say it"
"But we're friends?"
"Yeah sure"
She gives me a hug. I don't know what is wrong with her but it seems fishy.