2

"So, have you been around campus yet?" Bryn asks.

I shake my head. "No. I've only been to our dorm."

"Well, I'm going to take advantage of this and give you a mini tour of the place. I've toured this place countless times."

I follow close behind her.

"Basically, this place is organized segregation."

"Like Hogwarts?"

"Oh... That's where you went?"

I frown. "What's wrong with Hogwarts?"

"Nothing, just, everything bad seems to happen there, and it's rather public-schoolish."

"Bad?"

"You-Know-Who attaches himself to a teacher. Harry Potter almost gets killed. You-Know-Who comes back in book form and tries to kill a Weasley and Harry Potter. Sirius Black escapes Azkaban to go kill Harry Potter, but he's actually trying to kill You-Know-Who's eat servant, and then you have a werewolf as a teacher. You-Know-Who's servant puts Harry's name in the Goblet of Fire and then Harry almost gets killed and You-Know-Who returns for real. Dementors try and kill Harry Potter because You-Know-Who is controlling them and Harry is almost killed again by You-Know-Who. Last year, your potions professor kills your headmaster and almost Harry Potter."

"Okay, okay, I get it. My school isn't safe."

"Anyway, Morvi is split between N and M, aka, non-magical and magical. Then, after that, we're put in dorms based on our degree. For example, we're Non-Magical Arts. NA. Bottom story starts with business majors and it all works its way up to the arts."

I nod, following along.

"Behind the school is I don't even know how many acres of land. We have a field for muggle sports and Quidditch. The greenhouse is back there too. The pool is underground. I've never been. Right now we're going to the cafeteria."

"That's all the way on the first floor," I complain.

"We're going to be in great shape by the end of the semester."

~

The cafeteria isn't as crowded as I thought it would be. Bryn says it's because most people go off campus to eat.

"Why're you guys searching flap jacks for lunch?"

"Pancakes. Those are pancakes."

"Pancakes are thinner."

"That's crepes."

"America is weird."

Bryn laughs.

"Are there any restrictions on leaving campus?"

"Not really. Just be back at the dorms by midnight or you're locked out."

I nod. At least I can visit Fred in my free time. If I have any...

"So, what is your major?" I ask when we sit down with our trays.

"Visual Art."

I nod. "Cool. I'm not good at art, so you think you could paint my room for me? I don't want it to be a boring, simple color."

"Alright! What's your major?"

"I have a double. Theatre and Music."

"Good luck finding free time in that."

Maybe I won't be seeing Fred that often...

"But before you classes start picking up," Bryn asks, "do you want to get some sushi with me and a few of my friends?"

"I think I'll go visit my boyfriend while I have the chance."

She shrugs. "Suit yourself."