Chapter 1: Chii-senpai

"Erina-chan, remember to be kind and not to hold a grudge against anyone."

"Okaa-san, Okaa-san..."

My parents passed away when I was 6. I am Erina Miyamoto, a first year student at Aorin High and currently living with my aunt. I have always been bullied since young.

"Ne (Hey), you should just disappear from this world already! Go and accompany your dead parents, you orphan!" Akira slapped and pushed me to the ground.

"Yup, yup" Akira's friends started kicking me.

It hurt like hell at first but I got used to it after a while. I cannot tell my teachers as I do not want Akira and her friends to get scolded, or even suspended from school.

'Bear with it, bear with it' is what I say in my thoughts whenever I cannot stand being bullied anymore.

I was pushed by Akira again just now but her friends stepped on my hands this time. Ouch! It was painful.

Before Akira could even call my name, I ran as fast as lightning to the rooftop.

The rooftop is the only place where I can relax in school. Nobody will find me at the rooftop and people seldom go to the rooftop during break.

When I reached the rooftop, I stood motionless for a few seconds. I rubbed my eyes once more.

"Chinen (知念)?" I called. It cannot be! It cannot be! Eh!? What is Chinen (Yuri Chinen from Hey! Say! JUMP) doing in my school?

He walked towards me. What should I do? I looked messy and my hair was unkempt after what happened earlier.

"Gomen (Sorry), I'm not Chinen. My name's Chieko and what's yours?"

Oh my Kami (God)! His voice even sounds like Chinen's.

"I-I'm Erina Miyamoto" I replied shyly.

"Miyamoto-chan, let's be friends. I'm from 2-A" he smiled. Uwaaaah~!!! I thought Chinen was talking to me for a moment.

"I'll be glad to. Eto (Umm)...I'm from 1-B" I smiled back at him.

"Chii-senpai-" (Chii is one of Chinen's nicknames)

"I told you I'm not Chinen"

"Chii-senpai is fine" I sulked. "Well, you can call me Erina since I call you Chii-senpai" I continued.

"Alright, Erina" Chii-senpai said.

"Gomen nasai (Sorry) Chii-senpai, I have to go back to classroom" I apologised politely and walked away.

"Wait Erina, are you free after school? Lately, there's a new cake shop. If you don't mind, let's go over there together?" Chii-senpai chased after me. W-What!? Someone just asked me out. No! No! That was not what I meant, it was like being asked out by Chinen. Kami-sama (God), I must be dreaming!

"Sure! I'll like to!" I replied cheerfully.

"Ja (Then), see ya later Erina!" Chii-senpai waved goodbye at me and I waved back.

Hehe, going out with a friend was my first time so I was excited and nervous. Chii-senpai seems like a nice person. I still could not stop wondering why does everything about Chii-senpai resembles Chinen though. Anyway, I need to hurry.

Words such as 'Moron! Die, idiot! Gross! Gross!' were wrote on my table again. I am supposed to erase the words before the next teacher comes in. I do not want teachers to suspect anything.

"5, 4, 3, 2" I stopped counting in my heart.

The bell finally rang. I packed my stuff and rushed out of the classroom.

"Yokatta (I'm so glad)" Chii-senpai said as we walked towards the school gate.

"Hi Chii-senpai" I greeted Chii-senpai.

"Chii-senpai, can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, feel free to ask"

"Why do you want to be friends with me?"

"Oh, there was once someone's dog almost got hit by a car and you ran to save the dog. I was touched by what you did. I had always wanted to be friends with you since then but I couldn't find you. When we first met, you thought I was Chinen" Chii-senpai giggled.

"Senpai, that's not funny. You really look like Chinen and I'm serious" I blushed in embarrassment.

"Erina, I was so happy when we become friends, sugoku ureshii (very happy)" Chii-senpai said wholeheartedly.

"Kochira koso, yoroshiku onegai shimasu (Nice to meet you, too)" I rejoiced.

The chocolate cake was sweet, fluffy and delicious. It was the best cake that I had. After I met him, my miserable life has begun to change.

End of Chapter 1~

This is my first Fanfiction so hope everyone likes it. Stay tuned for Chapter 2. ^_^