Chapter Two: Neverland May Not Be What it Appears

After the disturbing incident with the deer the group continued their trek through the woods in silence. Finn led the way with Clarke and Octavia trailing him. Jamie walked in between the two idiots she had come to adore over the years, keeping a closer eye on the woods than she had been prior to crossing the deer.

"You know what I'd like to know?" Finn asked, breaking the silence. "Why send us down today? After ninety seven years, what's changed?"

"Who cares! I'm just glad they did." Octavia smiled as she swung around a tree. "I woke up rotting in a cell and now I'm spinning in a forest!"

As Jasper walked by Octavia, she was still hanging off the tree, he smiled and nodded to her. She let go and started walking side by side with him as Jamie stayed in line with Monty.

"Maybe they found something on a satellite. You know, maybe like an old weather satellite." Monty replied, deep in thought as the group continued.

"It wasn't a satellite. The Ark is dying." Clarke announced, remaining focused on everything in front of her. Jamie and Monty exchanged a worried glance before looking back at the blonde, who was now leading the group.

"With the current population there's roughly three months left of life support. Maybe four now that we're gone." Clarke continued, still oblivious to the tension she caused.

Finn glanced at Jamie before jogging up to Clarke's side. "So, that was the secret they had you locked up to keep? Why they kept you in solitary?"

Clarke side glanced him without commenting.

"Floated your old man?"

She took a staggering breath, jumping slightly when Jamie appeared on her other side interested in hearing what Clarke had to say.

"My..." Clarke glanced at Jamie before correcting herself. "Our father was the engineer who discovered the flaw. He thought people had a right to know. The council disagreed, our mother disagreed. They were afraid it would cause a panic. We were going to go public anyway when Wells..." Clarke sighed and shook her head.

"What? Turned your dad in?"

Clarke nodded absently to Finn while Jamie turned her gaze back to the woods. It was always hard to hear anything about Clarke's dad. Both girls were very close to him. He practically raised Jamie since she was five when they took her in. "Anyway, the guard showed up before we could. That's why today. That's why it's worth it. Even if we all die at least they bought themselves some more time."

"They're gonna kill more people aren't they?" Monty's voice was quiet as he brought up the question on everyone's mind.

They were all quiet before Octavia picked up her pace and passed them. "Good. After what they did to me I say float them all!"

Jasper's eyes widened and he shook his head as he chased after her. "You don't mean that!"

Finn sighed before turning to Clarke. "We have to warn them."

She glanced at Jamie and took another staggering breath. "That's what our father said."

Something up ahead caught Jamie's eye so she took the few steps it took to reach Jasper. "Oh, damn." The boy muttered, not tearing his gaze away from the scene. "I love Earth."

"Octavia! What the hell are you doing?" Clarke yelled out to the promiscuous girl as she stripped down to her tank top and underwear.

She grinned before diving off of the cliff and landing in the lake below them. They all ran down to the water's edge watching Octavia with wide eyes.