Prologue

Torn in two... 

They were a match made in heaven, they knew it, the whole world knew it. Yet, they were just another victim of destiny's little game. It was funny though, they thought. Were they even born to be together? When all they were left with were pieces of ripped up hearts?

 And I know I shouldn't tell you.

 But I just can't stop thinking of you...

Nothing could get her out of his mind. Nothing could patch up the holes in his broken heart. 

It hurt. It still hurts. A lot. 

How he missed those times when they were together, unstoppable, when everything was flawless and those moments, the lovebirds themselves, were pure perfection. 

Guess fate hated it, hated them and decided to tear them apart to its mere enjoyment. Brusquely and mercilessly. 

But that didn't stop him from loving her, even if his love was unreturned. Not that she didn't want to, she couldn't, it was impossible for her to do so and he knew that. 

Wherever you are... 

No matter how hard he tried, or how agonizing it felt, he still had her tangled in his thoughts, refusing to let go. But he'd rather bear the pain and had her on his mind, than feeling completely dead and empty inside, like a soul that was varnishing into thin air. 

No matter where she was at, what she was doing, he would never stop thinking of her, even when she was way out of his grasp, in a parallel universe that was unreachable, the thought of her kept him sane. 

Little did he know, where it was higher than any clouds and bluer than any skies that they both couldn't fathom, where it was all peace and love, she was there, whispering those three words that she wished she had told him sooner, before it was too late, those small words that held all of her adoration and regrets for not saying them when they were still audible to his ears. 

"I love you."