"Who? Who is she?" He asks but my eyes widen. That's what happened. Hailey knew it was going to happen. She was waiting for it. Did she plan it? Oh my Gosh. No. She couldn't have. It had to have been someone else. It had to have been. Maybe that's why she was acting so weird. Maybe she knew about it. She knew because someone told her? That's why she stayed back when the rest of us...

"Who is she? Who are you talking about?" John Luke's voice snaps me back to reality. I shake my head and he sighs. "Who, Kaysie?" He repeats and I open my eyes wide. He called me Kaysie. Not Baby or Kay. Kaysie. No one calls me that except for some adults. It's not as special as his other names for me. He shakes his head and hops of my desk. "Fine. Don't tell me Kaysie. Just..." He lifts his hand and drops it, waving me off and walking across the room to take a seat. Cole walks in and looks between us. She smiles at John Luke but he just bites the inside of his cheek and looks down at his desk. Biting my lip, I turn away from the mirror. I understand why he's mad. I'm closed off. I don't tell people all about me because last time I did that, it ended horribly. Sadie smiles as she takes the seat next to me. I smile back and pull my notebook out of my binder. The paper is filled with multiple doodles of flames and smoke. I even drew Hailey as she waves at me, standing in the fire.

"Okay class go to your next class!" My Homeroom teacher announces as the school bell rings. Closing my notebook, I pick up my things and make my way to my next class. This is another class I have with John Luke. How am I supposed to keep my eyes off of him when he's mad at me. Just because I won't tell him my past. I take a seat in the back and watch as John Luke and Sadie walk in, whispering to each other. She hits his arm and looks up, smiling at me before taking the seat in front of me. She turns in the seat and faces me.

"Dont mind my brother. He just gets ticked off when someone doesn't tell him what he wants to hear." She tells me and laugh. I smile gratefully at her.

"He won't want to hear what he was asking me to tell him." I mumble before our teacher comes in. She smiles and tells us to pull out our last nights homework. I take my math binder out and drop the packet on the table.

"Kaysie, what is the answer to number four?" Miss Greyson asks and I look down at my sheet. It's the one John Luke asked about. Clearing my throat, I look up at the teacher.

"X equals 415." I stare and the teachers eyes widen.

"Who else got that?" She asks and John Luke is the only one to raise his hand. Seriously people! It isn't even the hardest one on here. The teacher smiles. "It makes me feel a little better since our new student is not the only one who got that. John Luke, what is number six?"

"X equals thirty seven." He mumbles and Miss Greyson smiles.

"Very good. Would youand Kaysie like to come up to the board and work those problems out so the class can see." She says, smiling at us both. I see something beneath the look though. Like she knows something. A hidden meaning between her words "work those problems out". Nodding, I stand from my desk and make my way up to the white board. She hands me a black Expo marker and says softly 'I'm an observer. I can tell when someone is fighting with someone. You and John Luke are not o good terms because you two were joined at the hip just yesterday." After blinking several times, I shake my head at her and take the marker.

"Your a very good observer." I say and begin writing the problem on the board. John Luke steps slowly up next to me and I sigh. I should tell him. I haven't known him that king but he has given me no reason to not trust him. He didn't tell anyone about the Katherine thing. As I drag the marker tip down the board, drawing an H, I begin to whisper very quietly.

"My sister," I start and he eyes me wearily as he draws an X. "She...died when she was seventeen. I was fifteen." I explain and draw the equals sign. "It was a fire. We were all going to a campsite for the weekend." I draw the numbers underneath the letters so the class understands. "She ran back in the house to get the cooler. We were out in the driveway in the car." I close the cap of the marker but don't look away fom the board. "The house..." I swallow thickly and blink back tears. "It went up in flames in a matter of seconds." My teeth clench and grind together. "The fire department said the stove was on and burnt the place down. And my family believed them." I say and wipe my face angrily. "I'm so sick of this crying and nightmares." I groan softly and John Luke puts his marker down.

"Very good, kids. Now, while I explain this. Will you two go run to the office and get some paper towels? We're doing a project in a few minutes." Miss Greyson says,eyeing us. She's doing this so we can talk. I nod and brush past John Luke, sending our teacher a grateful smile before opening the classroom door and stepping out into the hall. John Luke closes the door behind him and jogs to catch up with me. Once he reaches me, he takes my hand and halts my angry stomps.

"Hey." He says and tilts my chin up so my gaze meets his. "I'm sorry." He whispers before leaning forward and pressing his lips to mine. Our third kiss. It's real. Not a dream. I wrap my arms around his neck and he places his hands on my waist. My fingers twirl around in his soft,brown hair and my eyes close. His tongue traces my bottom lip and I open my mouth. His tongue then swoops in and grazes across my teeth. He brings his hand to my cheek and smooths his thumb over my face. Sighing softly against his lips, I pull away for air. A girls gotta breath. But boys must not. Because John Luke trails kisses across my jaw and I moan softly. He shoves his hand into my hair and places the other one on the small of my back as he leans me back to kiss my neck at a better angle. My back aches a but but I'm not about to interupt him. Once I earn my breath back again, I lean up and take John Luke's face in my hands, pulling his lips back down onto mine. This time, I push my tongue into his mouth and He moans. All too soon, he pulls back and I pout. He laughs, pecking me once more before taking my hands.

"Don't you think we should go get the paper towels?" He asks me. His voice is still as angelic as the first time I met him. It's beautiful and husky. It vibrates through me as the butterflies and tingles begin to behave. Taking a deep breath, I open my eyes and nod.

"I guess," I say in that tone of voice those normal teenage girls use when speaking to their parents when they tell them 'fine. I won't go to the party.' Laughing again at myself, I keep John Luke's hand in mine and drag him to the office. Before we reach it, he pulls my arm and I turn. He kisses me once more and breathes out, his cool minty breath falling over my face. I smile.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"