Tennessee, Directions, and Death Of A Friend

Start from the beginning

"Yeah this is going to be a little more difficult than Medusa, too many witnesses."

Percy rubbed his cheek and frowned, "Where do you think it is? It's huge, the pearl could be hiding anywhere..."

I shouldered my bag and turned to Orion as he made his way after me. "Go wait in the car," I told him and pet his head. "They don't let dogs into museums." Sadly, he made his way back into the car and stuck his head out the window so he could watch from afar.

Percy walked in front of everyone and called over his shoulder. "Well, let's go scope it out."

As we walked through the marble doors, we were greeted by a huge statue of a warrior goddess. "Hey, it's your mom." Percy nudged Annabeth with a smile and Annabeth frowned, looking up at it.

"She doesn't really look like that." She seemed sad, and I was brought back to the conversation that the two of us had in the car, before I almost killed us all.

"Yeah, the nose is all wrong." I joked, trying to make her smile. Annabeth smiled a little and took her eyes away from the towering white statue.

"You've met her before?" Percy asked, raising a brow. I nodded and chuckled a little.

"Yeah she stopped Annabeth and I from killing each other. Literally."

Grover spoke up, his eyes zeroed in on something sitting on top of the statue. "Guys, check this out. That's the pearl." We walked closer to it, peering up and indeed it was-a golden crown was placed around the gigantic head of the statue, and set as the center piece of the crown, was a green pearl.

"How do we get it?" I growled cursing Athena for being so smart and hiding it on top of a fifty foot statue. Something inside me questioned why it was so out in the open though-surely Athena would have kept it better guarded...

"Well, that was easy." Grover chuckled. But Annabeth glared at him, her leg shaking nervously.

"Easy? That is fifty feet in the air, and this place is filled with tourists." Her bright eyes scoured the entire room, trying to think of a way to maybe use the artifacts to climb the statue.

Suddenly, Percy spoke up, eyes wide. "You guys. I got it. Remember the shoes Luke gave us?" Grover nodded and Percy took the backpack that Grover hand. "You still have them right?" He pulled out the box, but didn't open it-there was too many witnesses. "We'll just come back after dark, let's go."

"Or I can just throw my crutch up there..." Grover muttered, sizing up the statue and how far he would have to through it.

"Grover-"

"Perc, I'm just saying, it would be easy-" I chuckled, cutting him off and grabbed him by the collar, hauling him outside.

"So where are we going to wait?" Annabeth frowned and looked at her watch "It's only 9 in the morning."

I frowned and hopped into the car. "I don't care where you go-but can you drop me off at the nearest library? I have to do some research." Grover looked at me, curiously and Annabeth frowned.

"What kind of research?" Percy asked raising brow. I ignored the question and continued on to what I was saying. "You guys can pick me up in an hour. Then we can do whatever you want."

"Sounds fine to me." Annabeth shrugged and Grover nodded.

~~~~~~~~Library

I quickly looked around, making sure that no one was watching me suspiciously, and hopped on to one of the open computers. Quickly, I pulled up a search engine and typed in: T&H AU, TX, waiting while the computer slowly thought about loading the links.