Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I woke up in a more welcoming room this time. I didn't feel as much like a prisoner. It was too big though. I guess those are the perks of being the freakin president of the United States, rich assholes. I mean what the hell? All my life my mom's been gone serving in the military when dad was rolling in the dough. It's a bunch of bull. I've been lied to for my "protection", sure more like so you didn't want or have to be a father, and now that moms gone you feel like it may be good time to step in. I don't even need him, I'll be 18 next month anyways. What's the point? He could have just let me make it on my own until I was 18, and no longer anyone's responsibility. I rise up into a sitting position still in that too small, red nightgown. How long has it been since I've had a shower, or brushed my teeth. Ugh I can taste my breath, it's been too long. I throw my legs up, and over the side of the bed in search for a bathroom. Might as well make myself at home. This room is ridiculous. There is a couch in here, who has a couch in their room? I do a walk about the room. Yeah it's big enough for that.

I've got to pee! I rush to look for a bathroom. A room this big is bound to have its own bathroom. I start pulling open doors, first finding an outrageous closet, sorry walk in closet, then finally find the bathroom. I relieve my bladder, and start to take in my surroundings. This bathroom is insane. It's like double the size of my room at home, claw foot tub, all marble floors, and glass encased shower. It's beautiful, but unnecessary. Who actually needs ant of this stuff?

I peel away the nightgown, and climb into the shower. The heat feels amazing on my back, but showers always make me think too much. This is bad because I'd rather not think. I don't want to think about how I will never get see my mom again. I won't ever be able to call her in the middle of the night, just because I want to. I won't ever feel one of her long heartwarming hugs again. She's gone forever, and I would rather just push it away and deny it, but that's impossible in a shower. I don't want to think about how dads now alive, or how he's the president. I don't want to think about piecing green eyes. I don't want to think at all, so after necessities have been met, and I let a few tator tears loose, I wrap myself in a big white fluffy towel, making my way back to the room.

I never gave a thought about clothes. I panic as an open drawer after empty drawer in that stupid dresser. I looked in the closet earlier, and there was nothing in there either. Oh gosh! What am I going to do? Wander the halls of the white house in a towel? I sit on the bed in my towel, laying on my back I put my head in my hands and try to stop the tears that flow. I'm so pathetic, every little thing upsets me now. I scape my hands across my eyes and pull myself together. I go back the bathroom, and shimmy the nightgown back on. Then I find another dry towel to wrap myself in. I walk back to the main room and make my way to the door that leads out. I turn the knob slowly peaking my head out. Then I quickly slam the door back shut. There is a man standing outside my door, back facing me. Suddenly there's a knock on the door.

"Miss, is there anything you need?" a familiar voice travels through the door. I feel my body turn a deep shade of red. Oh gosh, that's green eyes. There is another knock, "Miss everything okay in there?" I panic for a second then push back my nerves,

"Uh yeah, but I need some clothes." I speak through the door. I wait for a reply for what seems like forever, then finally.

"I have you bag outside here." Green eyes states gruffly. "Can I open the door Miss Carter?"

I wrap the towel tighter around my body, and push down a blush. "ye-yes." There is a click and then the door is pushed open. The guard looks at me a little too long, his eyes linger on my body, then he seems to catch himself.

"Here you are Miss Carter." He says in a deep manly voice, no emotion involved. He only looks into my eyes. I feel the blush creep to my ears, and down my neck. I hate having such light skin. It just makes everything worse.