Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I pry my eyes open, adjusting to the lack of light. My whole body is sore, and sluggish feeling. Then I fully awake, everything come rushing in. moms dead, and the suits took me last night. Was it even last night? How long have I been out? There is a light knock on the door, and someone pushes the door open, and switches the light on. I blink rapidly trying to adjust to the light now. It's a younger lady. She looks nice enough, but you know what they say, looks can be deceiving. I watch her carefully from across the room. The walls are all white, there are no windows, just a bed, and a door that locks from the outside. My panic begins to worsen. What do they want with me? She gives me a warming smile and walks closer. I shoot her a threatening glare. She stops in her tracks,

"Well I can see why Reed had to forcibly bring you here. Dear calm down, your safe here, trust me." trust her? Is she freakin crazy?! Why in the world would I? She hasn't done anything to gain my trust. "My names Miss Potts. I know this is a lot to take in, but before you can talk with your dad I need to know you aren't going to do anything reckless. Can you reassure me of this?" she asks.

How what?! "My dad's dead...?" I stutter, my glare faltering.

"No honey, not dead, but he is very important, and needs to be protected. If you can promise me you aren't going to try and hurt anyone then I will send your dad in. he can explain everything to you. Can you promise me?" I don't know why I do, but I trust Potts, it's just a feeling. I gaze into her eyes, and promise her. She turns around in her black pencil skirt, red sky high heels, and white blouse, as her curly hair bounces on her way back to the door she states,

"I'll send him in. Get comfortable dear, there is nothing to fear." She turns her head smiles, then disappears through the door.

I look around once more, noticing how there is no way out of this room except the door Potts just left through. That doesn't really sit well with me. I look down and notice how I'm still in my red nightgown. Suddenly I get a little red, and flushed thinking of the green eyed giant. Oh geez, how embarrassing, I'm tried to escape in a nightgown and got attacked in one too. I just get redder thinking of it. But I'm every bit justified considering I still don't know what the hell is going on. To top it all off do they expect me to meet my dad in this nightgown. Oh dear what have I gotten myself into? I smack my face into my hands and let out a well overdue sigh as thoughts of mom then again flood back. Tears slowly start to descend. There's then another knock on the door, and a greying haired man peaks his head through, then slowly walks fully inside. I quickly wipe under my eyes and stare at the approaching man.

"Rose...?" the man wonders.

"In the flesh." I sigh. "Who are you?" I hesitate.

"I would be your dad." He pauses for a response from me. I don't do anything. What am I supposed to do nod and encourage him to go on?

"You're supposed to be dead." I state.

"Yeah, that was a lie that your mom, and I chose to tell you. It was just easier like that. I never expected your mom to get pregnant."

"So you're saying you didn't want me?" I shout.

"No of course not! That's not what I'm saying. I love you and your mom. It was just safer for everything to stay secret."

"To whose benefit was that?! Yours?!" I shoot back.

"No, yours. I'm the president of the United States. Certain dangers come along with the job title." He defends.

"The president of the united states...?" I gape. I stare at his graying hair, and blue eyes, eyes like mine. I've been lied to my entire life.

"Yes, I didn't want to tell you like that, it just came out." He says softly with a sigh.

"Yeah kind of how I just came out." I say shooting daggers at him. He puts his hands behind his neck and sighs, a nervous habit maybe. "Look your mom wanted me to take you in if anything ever happened to her. That's why you're here." He explains coming up to the foot of the bed and sitting down slowly. Tears leak out and slide down my cheeks,

"So if she wouldn't have had died, I'd never had met you?" I question.

"You can look at it that way." He pleads with me, trying to get closer and wrap me in a hug, as the tears come faster.

"Stop!" I plead, "Please go, please go, just give me some space. I just need to think. Please go." I plead as the tears keep coming, and a knot in my throat that makes me want to break down and sob grows. He slowly gets up and walks out the door.

Lay in bed, pull the covers up, and wait for sleep. That's what I do, and this time it works, I fall into the darkness.