At First Sight After Years

2012
January

It had been 10 years since Daisy opened her law firm. 9 years ago her baby boy was born. Christopher Blake Carter. She had to be happy for him but deep inside she knew she'd never be truly happy because of what happened 10 years ago. Sometimes she'd cry silent tears, but one thing she always did was thank God every day for her son and for her job doing great.
She talked to her parents once in a while and they would even come to visit. They never talked about Augustus but knew how bad she was hurting on the inside. She talked to Mr Blake aswell to find out how Augustus was and how he was doing. But she never, not once mentioned Christopher.
She found out 2 years ago from Mr Blake that Augustus got married. He never told her who he married but she was glad that he found happiness, she wished he'd see his son grow but she knew it was impossible. She thanked God that he was alive and kicking.
Daisy would talk to Mark from 'Blake Law Firm' once in a while and they'd meet for coffee. Just as friends and nothing more

Five nights ago she received a call from Mark saying Mr Blake was rushed to the hospital because of his heart. It was starting to fail him. She prayed for Mr Blake and hoped Augustus was okay and his wife was treating him well.

She was cooking dinner for her and Chris when her phone wouldn't stop ringing. She looked at the caller ID and saw Mark
"Hi Mark" she answered happy to talk to him "how are you?"
"Uhhh Daisy" Mark said in a solemn tone "I'm afraid I've got bad news-"
"What's wrong Mark? "Daisy said finally finding a chair to sit on
"It's Mr Blake, he died this afternoon"
She was shocked and sad,  a man she loved died just like that. Without ever seeing his grandson. She had to go for the funeral,  she knew she had to. But would she be able?

"You heard my dad died and all you can do is sit there and laugh the loudest in my house while drinking alcohol. Jeez Amber get a hold of yourself!." Augustus yelled
"Well sorry Augustus he was a good man." And she turned up the volume on the tv "oh and stop yelling you'll wake up Clara"
Clara...
His 6 months old daughter who he highly doubted was his. The only thing similar was the brown hair though hers was lighter. Ever since he started dating Amber just to pass time in hopes that he'd find Daisy again but as months passed he slowly started losing hope, the only feeling he had towards Amber was friendship and nothing more. Over the years Mr Blake talked about having a grandchild and that's when he proposed to Amber seeing that his father was growing old. Even though he proposed they never slept together, not even in the same room. Augustus would come home late and leave early just so he wouldn't see her. He started drinking heavily just so he'd forget Daisy. His Daisy...
Then one day he came home drunk and fell asleep on his bed. A month  later Amber told him she was pregnant for him. And seven months later Clara was born. Augustus wasn't there to receive the baby but was told she's premature.

"I'm sorry Augustus. I just can't marry you"

Those words came to his mind once again. Looking at Amber watching Tv and drinking her alcohol. He left to go to his study to prepare for the funeral. When he was done he walked to his bedroom and sat on his bed in the dark

"I'm sorry Augustus. I just can't marry you"

Those words came back to him. It had been 10 years but he promised he'd find her and look for her

'I'm coming for you Daisy. And I'll make sure I never let you go again.' He thought

He closed his eyes and prayed like he never had before. Praying that he'd see her again. Praying for her safety and praying for his father.

2 days later

"He was a great man" And the woman got off the podium as Mr Blake was buried.
Alot of people went by to pass their condolences to Mrs Blake and Augustus.
Augustus saw her. But she wasn't the one. The Daisy he knew had black hair. This one was blonde. The Daisy he knew had brown eyes but he couldn't see because she had sunglasses on. He thought it was weird because she was the only one in glasses, there was no sunlight at all and it was raining. But for the sake he ignored it.
She walked over to him. But he noticed a small boy near her about 10 or 9 years old with brown hair just like his.
"My condolences Augustus"
She spoke just like her
"Thank you Ma'am. Do I know you from somewhere?"
She panicked
"Nno I I d-"
"Darling" Amber came over and called to him whilst pushing Clara on a stroller
"Just one second please" Augustus asked Daisy "Let me just attend to my wife" and he left

My wife...
Those words hurt Daisy and to top it off, Amber? She didn't realise how much he never loved her for her to be his wife ..
His wife...

Amber kept introducing Augustus to different people most he just ignored. He wanted to go back, he had to go back to that woman. When Amber was done that woman he met earlier was nowhere near there

She left...