The first coffee

2001
October

Like an ordinary day, Daisy Carter sat in the diner,opposite the university she went to with 4 of her friends Amber, Beatrice and Cindy and Erica hence the group name 'The ABCDEs'.
"So," Beatrice spoke up as the waitress came over to get their orders "I'm really scared you guys,like this is our final year in Uni and our exams are right around the corner and I'm sad cause what happens when we leave and I'm excited too cause that means no more studying-"
"Easy for you to say" Amber interrupted
Amber unlike the rest of us was going to stay in university due to the fact that she was a medical student while the rest of us studied law
"Atleast I'll be with my boyfriend Dee" His full name was Damien but we called him dee for short
For the first time that day Cindy spoke up
"Yeah Yeah we get you love your boyfriend but when are you going to understand the fact that Dee is cheating on you?" Daisy looked at her with a solemn face
"I know but I believe we can sort things out" Amber retaliated
"Just let him go Amber you can't spend all your time trying to fix things when he's out there having one night stands with different girls all the time" Daisy spoke up and this made Amber mad. Amber never really like Daisy because she was always jealous. After all, Daisy had a Arian once upon a time.
"Just because Arian cheated on you and you didn't fix things stop making a huge fuss out of our relationship. It's mine not yours!!"
"Amber come down" Erica spoke up (she was more of the quiet one)
"No! I'm sick and tired of everyone trying to tell me what to do. Since you're so exper-"
"Don't go there Amber" Daisy said standing up her voice sounding irritated "I really don't have time to do this cause quite frankly this is my last year and I have to put in my all not have some childish arguments over and over. Fine go on and be that stupid girl who ends up having her heartbroken I don't know how many times in a row!"
As she started to leave the diner bell rang and in walked Augustus. The guy who seemed to know it all. Then all of a sudden Amber screamed
"You're just too scared Daisy. It happened once in your first year and ever since then you've never tried anything. I  dare you "
The last statement had Daisy going back to the table
"You dare me?"
"Yeah"
"Fine then, dare me"
"I dare you to go to Augustus and make him fall in love with you! But you are not to fall in love with him"
"That's just wrong Amber, he's innocent in all of this" Erica spoke up
"I second." Beatrice started "I really -"
"Guys!" Amber smiled in a weird way " That's Augustus Blake. I don't like him he seems to know it all plus he's in my class so atleast this will lower his esteem just a little bit"
"I still don't think its-" Cindy spoke
"I'll do it" Daisy spoke while standing but deep inside she hated it, she hated the feeling of loving someone but not being loved in the end. She only agreed to it because she couldn't let Amber get that satisfaction. She just hoped Dee would break her heart soon.
She never liked Amber in the beginning really because somehow deep inside she knew Amber wasn't as good as she let on,she just got along with her for the sake of Erica who was Ambers half sister. "But because you want me to hurt someone's feelings in the process,know that from today I don't know you. But when everything's done and I make him fall in love with me. I'll tell you all about it "
When she was done talking she looked at their faces. Amber had a smirk and looked satisfied, Beatrice was shocked with her mouth open, Cindy,who was the closest to Daisy and the most emotional had sparkling eyes happen while Erica just looked down.
"It's done,it's a deal" Amber said
"Deal" Daisy responded and left

'Lord help me'

Daisy thought as she walked over to where Augustus was. Before she reached she looked at him properly. Brown hair,quite tall (she could tell from how he sat), he was fair. She reached over and took a seat next to him
"Hi,I'm Daisy" she said with a smile "I've never seen you around here"
"I'm Augustus" he said with a smile
She wanted to tell him she knew him and she wished he'd just stand up and go away. But no,he was friendly. He looked at her and smiled.
"So what course are you doing?"
"Medicine, what about you? "
"I'm in my last year, law"
So they talked, for how long, only time knew. It had was about to rain so she called one waiter and asked for a coffee before they left
"Lemme buy that for you" Augustus asked with a smile that would make any girl melt.
"No don't worry," she returned the smile "I've got it covered"
"You sure?"
"Yeah"
"Fine but next time I'm buying it"
"Next time?" Amber said with a smirk
"Well that's if-" Augustus started to fidget
"I'd like that" Daisy smiled and got her coffee and started to leave when Augustus called after her
"Yeah?" Daisy turned around and he approached her
"Can I have your number?"
"Sure"
They exchanged numbers and she left just before the rain started to pour.

The Memory Of Two Decembersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें