Chapter Three: Detention with the Snake

Dedication: This chapter is going to Arty_Writes because well, shes amazing and has already dedicated two chapters of her book, Winters Sancuary to me. (I started writing this chapter quite a long LONG time ago. But I still wanna dedicate it to you! :D)

Author's note: I started this chapter a while ago. I never finished it cause I sorta got side tracked with life. Anyway, I hope y'all love it! :D

Third Person

Glitch gulped as she stared up at the pale face of Professer Snape. "What are you two doing out passed midnight?" He asked in a slow, dark tone. His arms were crossed with his robe wrapped around him like he was cold. "And a Slytherin and Gryffindor sitting together like buddies. Shame." He added, more towards Draco than Glitch.

"Sir, I was just helping Draco with Transfiguration. He doesn't want me to but McGonagall told me I should. We agreed to study at night so that no one else would see us together." Glitch blurted out, standing up as she did so. She wasn't exactly scared of him, just... He was a little creepy to her at first glance.

Snape raised a brow, staring at her with distint disbelieve. "Well then lets go ask McGonagall about this." He said with a small quirk in his dark voice before he spun and lead the two towards the castle. Glitch and Draco gave each other a worried look before they hurried after the cruel teacher.

---

Glitch and Draco sat in McGonagall's office with Snape pacing behind them. McGonagall was just walking into the office in her night cloths, making Glitch force back a laugh at them. "Severus. Why have you called me here in the middle of the night?" She said with a hiss lining her voice.

"These two have been cought out by the lake. Ms. Weasley said that you told her to tutor Draco on transfiguration. Did you?" Snape asked, a hint of a smirk in his voice, obviously thinking it was a lie, which it was but he didn't need to know that.

Glitch looked up at McGonagall with wide, puppy like eyes, making sure Snape didn't see. "I did but I honestly didn't expect you two to be sitting out by the lake for studing, especially in the middle of the night." She said, raising a brow at Glitch after winking.

"I think a months worth of detention is good." Snape said, crossing his arms again as his little plan to get them in a heap of trouble was foiled.

"Now Severus, that is just to much for their first offence. A week because they should know not to be outside the castle in the middle of the night." McGonagall said, glaring at Snape, not backing down from his dangerous glare.

Snape huffed before throwing his cloak as he spun and stomped through the door leaving them. Glitch sighed in reliefe, a week wasn't that bad. "Thank you Professer," She said, smiling at McGonagall.

"You two still arn't off the hook. Why were you out int he middle of the night by the lake alone." The deputy headmistress glared down at the two students, her own arms crossed.

"I got into a fight with my brothers so I stormed out to the lake, Draco was headed to teh library because he forgot his book there when he saw me dash out of the castle. He followed me to see if I was okay and we just stayed there talking all night." Glitch said in a hurry, hoping that McGonagall didn't have any ideas about the two.

She nodded, "Mhm, well then all you two get is the week of detention. But not again!" She said stirning before waving them away. Glitch and Draco quickly got up and left the office.

"See you in class then," Glitch said to Draco with a small smile before they hurried off towards their common rooms.

---