Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I walked into my home after saying good night to Nat, she reassured me that Sam would be okay but i saw the fear in her eyes and i just couldn't believe her somehow. All my life i had believed Nat, she was like a mother to me, mothers are the ones you believe no matter what but for the first time in my life i just couldn't these weren't normal circumstances. I never thought i would have to fear for Sam's life but today i had. I walked in to find my parents for the first time ever standing there looking furious.

"Where the hell have you been? Its 2am in the morning." My dad growled. My mum placed a hand on his arm to calm him but he just shrugged it off.

"I was at the hospital with Sam, he collasped today in school frommajor blood loss from a nose bleed." I explained a little anger glazed my voice.

"Oh well, that makes up for the fact you didn't even bother calling us, your parents! Yeah? Remember us? We were so worried about you!" My father said, anger in his eyes, fists clenched.

"Worried? WORRIED? You weren't worried, you never worry and yeah i remember you, i remember everyday that you go out without saying a word to me, i remember that you don't love me as much as your job, i remember that you lie about everything you say to me. I think its actually me who should be saying remember me? Your daughter? No i don't suppose you do when your wrapped up in your lovers, which is your stupid, boring, work" I shouted in pure fury and they gaped at me.

"How dare you speak to us like that you insolent child, i thought we raised you to be well mannered" My mother spoke up for the first time.

"Raised me? No you didn't raise me, Nat and Terry raised me!" I growled at them.

"And what if we stop you from seeing them and Sam, will your attitude change because quite frankly i don't know who you are anymore" My mother whispered. I narrowed my eyes.

"You will never stop me from seeing them." I said in a low threatening manner.

"Oh really now? You are grounded for the foreseeable future and i can't stop you from seeing Sam in school but from now on you will go to and from school without seeing them" My father said, stating it as if it was simple.

"You want a daughter who will be perfect and wants the life you have but guess what i'm not that daughter! I will see Sam, i will see Nat and Terry and i will have them in my life whether you like it or not, so you can stick that up your snobby stuck up arses." I said quietly and simply and i walked up stairs at a brisk speed to my room. I slammed the door and i screamed. I just scream in anguish. I couldn't bear them. Why would they do that? I wouldn't obey them. Sam is my life, my best friend i won't lose him because of those shitty parents.

I heard my parents moaning down the hall as they came up to bed too. I heard them saying things about me. Things that made tears fall down my cheeks. I wasn't good enough for them, i wish i wwas but i can't do anything right for them just because i'm nothing like them. My phone beeped.

You okay? Alive? Parents angry or not? Sam x

I felt teras roll down my cheeks, he always made sure i was okay, despite being in hospital, i wondered how he managed to get his phone back, they had taken it from him when he kept trying to play a game on it.

Don't worry about me silly! You're the one in hospital! Are you okay? Maya x

You don't answer the question! S x

Neither did you! M x

Please just answer it Maya, I worry about you! S x

Fine!! I'm fine! Parents are pissed but i'm fine! x

Don't lie, you aren't okay, tell me how they reacted?! S x

They forbid me from seeing you anymore, you, Nat and Terry!! I'm so angry, i had a right go at them, i told them all the things i've told you over the years!! M x

Wow! I wish i had been there to see you go mental with them :) Bet you kicked arse! And :O They can't stop us seeing each other, your my best friend! I can't live without you!! S x

I wish you were there too, you would stood up for me :'( Don't worry, i don't care what they say, I'm still gunna see you! M x

Come! x

What?!?! S x

Come now! Come to the hospital! You can stay with me!! S x

Think we can really get away with it? M x

Do you care?! Cos i sure as hell don't i want to see you, i can't bare you upset! S x

Okay! I'll be there as soon as i can! x

I grabbed my satchel and threw some PJs and some clothes for tomorrow, i grab my toothbrush and paste from the bathroom and  my hairbrush. I grabbed my phone and charger.

See you soon! S x

I climbed out of my window, which is one of those massive big ones and climbed down onto the porch roof. I can tell you now, this isnt the first time i have escaped my parents like this. I pulled my bike out from the side of the house and hooked my bag over my shoulder and cycled. It wasn't far to the hospital thank fully. My legs were aching by the time i locked my bike up. I walked into the hospital. The one i had only half an hour ago come out of. I walked briskly in the shadows. Hoping no one would ask why i was here. I found the side room that Sam was in and i knocked quietly on the door.

"Maya?" A muffled voice said. I opened the door and walked in. Sam sat up and smiled. I stood there, feeling so small and sad, he looked so fragile in this big hospital bed, with the moniters no longer attached to him he didn't look as ill but i could see how the thing we had thought was a simple cold had made him lose a little weight.

"You brought PJs didnt you?" Was the first thing he actually said to me. I laughed and nodded.

"You weird little OCD girl!" He laughed, okay so i have semi OCD. I like to pack and make things neat and i know i fail at school to be that but at home in certain aspects i am obbsessive and Sam always teased me about it.

I quickly went into the bathroom he has attached to his room and got in my PJs i walked out, throwing my bag on floor and pulled the chair over to try and get comfy in. He looked at me like i was mad.

"Maya, we have known each other since birth, i'm not going to let you sleep in that chair, come up here!" He said, pulling back the covers and shifting over slightly though his large frame took up a lot of the bed. I crawled in next to him and curled up in a ball into his side, i laid a hand on his chest and i felt some tears fall down my cheek. It had been such a long day and i was just so worried about him.

"Its okay Maya, it will all be fine" He whispered.

"But what if its not? I'm so scared!" I sobbed. He moved me up a little so he could wrap his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Sleep, don't worry i'm here, i'll always be here" He murmured softly. But what if? What if one day he wasnt? I thought tiredly as i drifted to sleep in the comfort of his arms, we are best friends, but wehave never slept like this before. normally we just slept side by side or facing away from each other but here we were tangled in each others arms and somehow as i fell asleep i felt like i belonged there.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed it :)

Peace <3