Not his time!

Hey its my new story :) Enjoy, comment and vote please :) xx

Chapter 1

“Friends forever.” We said in unison. Pinkies wrapped around each other. Sealed with a spit on the hand, handshake straight after. Disgusting I know but to us it was a lifetime promise and it will always stay like that. I remember making that promise when we were five years old, sitting in his tree-house, the one his father had spent the five weeks of the six weeks holiday making, with a week left to use it Sam had begged his parents to ask my parents if I could stay for the week, even though we only lived across the road from each other. I remember one evening we were laying on the floor and Sam and I agreed we would one day live here together as room mates, it was quite uncomfortable in that tree house but we were stubborn and would let the cold merciless floor sway us from our dream of living there. In our heads this tree house was our place where nothing was impossible, we could be anything, spies, astronauts, doctors, vets anything. Most of the time we would pretend that we were in the jungle, our tree house our home like usual and we could go hunting the wilderness aka the overgrown garden. That tree house had everything we ever needed, a place to sleep, a hiding place, a place to run away to, to escape bath time or in Sam’s case having his hair combed, something for about a year when he was seven he refused to do, he said he wanted to be wild and look untamed like he had been living in the wild bushes of Africa, I remember watching the many tantrums he had about it. Looking back he was quite a peculiar child, his imagination ruled his life, luckily now he had grown out of it. Mostly. To me that tree house was my escape from my family, lots of arguing happened in my family, I was an only child and my parents hated each other, they argued constantly about everything and anything, they each wanted me to take sides but the anger between scared me, made me want to escape to Sam’s house as soon as possible. To Sam this was where he let his imagination go wild, his parents love him to pieces, they loved me to, they never had another child because they knew Sam was enough for them. I was like a second child to them though, always round for dinner, they let me sleep round when I was scared of the arguing, they knew my parents, they didn’t speak much apart from when it concerned Sam and I like me sleeping round or me going out for the day with them, my parents always said yes, they didn’t care what happened to me, they wanted to work, each competing with each other, they argued about money and who brought the most into the household, the only reason they didn’t split up was money, neither of them wanted to lose money, but the thing is neither of them wanted me, at least that’s was my idea, in fact I didn’t particular want them, I want Sam’s mum and dad to be my parents.

Okay, I’ll tell you about Sam and me properly now, ten years later at the age of fifteen we are still best friends, rarely separate, in fact I practically live a his house, only sleeping in mine, my parents leave early in the morning to go to work, they are both lawyers, they were once on the same case but opposite sides, living with them throughout that case was hell, they didn’t stop sniping at each other and trying to wreck each others research on the case. They come home late at night, working overtime, they are workaholics and I think they forget they have a daughter most of the time, it hurts and sometimes gets me really down but then I think what an amazing family I have across the street. I have blond hair, it is naturally lightly curled and never wants to do what I want it to do. I have light freckles scattered across my nose and cheeks, I’m not that tall unfortunately and Sam torments me about it all the time, I’m quite thin and very sporty, though I hate football, luckily Sam isn’t interested in football either apart from watching it, he loves West Ham and since he supports the, I support them too, normally when a game is on Sam and Terry his father sit watching it and cheer loudly and manly when they score, Natalie, Sam’s mum and I usually do something girly like braiding my hair or painting each others nails. She loves getting me dressed up, she buys me clothes for my birthday, most of my clothes are from her, dresses, skirts attractive long tops with leggings. I love her to pieces for being like a mum to me. Natalie is a fashion designer and she uses me as her dummy for trying on new pieces. I don’t mind since the pieces she designs are beautiful. When we started high school she made me promise she could design me a one of a kind prom dress, I gave her permission to do so, I knew the prom dress that would be made soon would be stunningly beautiful and with no one else to copy me I was happy to let her. Sam is tall and well muscled from running and cricket, he is sporty like me but he loves cricket, something I cant figure out, I can never catch the ball or hit it to be honest so I just sit and watch and cheer him on, I’m at all his games alongside his parents. He is at all my cross country charity runs cheering me on, I do a lot of fund raising for charities. He is more of a sprinter where as I’m a long distance runner. Sam has blond hair, he has grown it recently and now it flops over his forehead and brow. He has perfect straight teeth without the need for braces unlike me who had to have braces at the age of twelve for a year. At least now they are off. I looked hideously nerdy, well more than usual.