Chapter Thirty Two: Arriving into the Aftermath

[A/N] Hi! Back again with more adventures and misandventures of this motly crew!  Obviously a quieter chapter, I figured we needed a little rest and some time for Lil' Liam to adjust. :)

Vote, comment, PLEASE!  I see about 1 comment for every 50 reads.  I'm not asking you to dedicate your lives or even love the story to death, just a little feedback so I know to keep writing! 

Liam's P.O.V.

I woke up to my phone’s alarm ringing in my ear as I shot up in my seat.  Blearily I blinked around the plane’s cabin and sighed.  I was going back already.  It was just a blur, Christmas, presents, family, all just a blur.  Like a very real dream that clung to the insides of my head and made me especially groggy.

I hadn’t heard from Zayn or Niall the entire time, not even a text.  I didn’t want to ask Louis or Harry if they had though because I didn’t want to seem childish… Still it bothered me.  I would have thought they’d be asking where this was or what to do about that.   I had a sneaking suspcion in my stomach the two of them were keeping quiet on purpose.

Now since I knew I hadn’t pulled any serious arsehole moves recently if they were keeping quiet, it meant it was something they had done.  My gut twisted with worry as I pulled out my phone and fiddled it.  My alarm went off which meant we were a half hour from landing. 

I glanced out the window next to me and then sighed, glancing at the sleeping forms of Harry and Louis, Harry’s head had fallen onto Louis’s shoulder and both of them looked about ten years younger.  Smirking a little smirk of goodhearted amusement, I snapped a quick picture, wondering if it was worth posting on twitter.

Was it worth making the days or maybe even weeks, of some of our more… …creative fans?  Nah.  Blackmail might be useful in the coming week too.  I frowned again and decided to scroll through old texts to distract myself.

Danielles smiling face popped up as I smiled reading all the quips and jokes she was fond at sending way to early in the morning.  As the more recent texts died down to the point where we hadn’t said anything in two weeks my smile flickered like a candle and died abruptly.

“Stop letting her toy with you.  Break it off for real, yourself, and you’ll both be able to start moving again.”   Harry had told me earlier today when I confided in him.  How was it that the boy with probably one of the worst relationship reputations ends up giving advice? 

Let’s see, I could worry about my dying relationship with my sometimes girlfriend, or an injured redhead sociopath that liked to crawl into my head and stir up the already murky waters.  For a moment sitting there I hated Em.  It would be so easy to just try and blame everything on her and go back to ignoring the growing walls between Danielle and me.  So blissfully easy but…

….it was wrong.  It would be lying and I had finally had enough of that.  So instead of blaming her, I sat there and I worried.  It was all I was good for really, unspoken concern and fears.  Just like my dad.  God would he drive me crazy as a kid.

“Don’t forget your helmet and knee pads, remember only on the sidewalk.  Cars won’t see you because you’re so short and they’ll hit you.”