Final Goodbyes

Andy and I spent the next week in each other's arms as the funeral arrangements were made. I tried my best to do as much as I could for Andy and his family. 

The day of the funeral was hard. Angel clung to Andy and I for dear life. It hadn't really registered that he was gone until she saw him lying in the casket. Her hand squeezed mine and I looked down. "It'll be okay, princess." I wiped the tears from her eyes. 

When the funeral was over, Andy and Angel came home with me. I promised Angel a makeover, so as soon as we got to my house, the three of us rushed upstairs, After doing her makeup and curling her hair, I let her do mine. To my surprise, I actually looked decent. 

I couldn't help but to think back to when Abbie and I would give each other makeovers. Since my parents split, I only got to see her a couple times a year. My parents couldn't stand each other, so my mom moved to Colorado after the divorce. I chose to stay with my dad, and she had no choice but to go with my wicked witch of a mother. 

Andy insisted on taking pictures. He thought they would make his mother smile. His picture taking was cut short by ther door bell. 

"Pizza!" Angel yelled. Once again, Andy insisted on paying for the pizza. There was no arguing with that boy once he made up his mind. 

The three of us crowded onto the loveseat in my living room. Angel on my lap and Andy's arms around both of us. "Okay, Beauty and the Beast or Cars?" 

Andy and Angel both answered at the same time. "Sorry, Andy, you're out voted. We're watching Beauty and the Beast." Angel and I both stuck our tongues out at him. Within fifteen minutes, Angel fell asleep. I carried her up to my bed.