Chapter 4

I got up at 5:40 a.m. I took a shower and got dressed in my case clothes. We all ate breakfast, packed our things in the taxi, and went to the given address.  As Lockwood went up to the door to knock, I reminded him of the rules. "Don't. Copy. Their. Accent. Understand?" I said pulling his tie down to look him in the eye. He gulped and nodded as I let him go. 

As we were doing this, George took the opportunity to ring the doorbell. An old woman who looked about 45 came to the door in a floral dress. "You must be Lockwood and Co. Please some in. I am Marissa Bones," The woman said.

"Mrs. Bones, I am Anthony Lockwood, these are my associates, Lucy Carlyle and George Cubbins," Lockwood says, flashing his 100 gigawatt smile.

"Yes, I have been told.  Please have a seat," Mrs. Bones said, gesturing towards the couch. We took a seat and she began to tell us everything. "It started when my husband had been killed. The room he was killed in was ironed and salted. But even after that I still felt an unwelcome spirit. I have seen a dark figure before all around the house. The kitchen is the only safe place. And every so often you can hear a faint song and whispers. It was when my 5 year old granddaughter came over I realized how bad of a problem it was. She was crying and screaming. She didn't leave the kitchen till morning. So I decided to hire professionals."

"Well, Mrs. Bones, you can count on us," Lockwood says.

Marissa Bones gave a tour of the house and gave us keys to every room. It was almost dark out by the time she finished, so she left us to do what we were hired to do.