Chapter 1

Lucy P.O.V.

It was a normal morning at Lockwood and Co. Lockwood was reading a gossip magazine on the couch, I was leaning on him reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief  for the hundredth time, and George was out getting  doughnuts. Everything was silent, then the phone rang. the ringing had made Lockwood and I jump. When Lockwood left the room to get the phone, the skull in the ghost jar decided to take this as an opportunity to talk. "Where is that boy with the doughnuts?" It asks me.

"I don't know. Why do you care? One, you don't like him, and two, you don't even eat," I point out.

"I just wanted to know," It says in a smug voice. I roll my eyes and close the jar. A few moments later, Lockwood walks in. We resume our original position.

An hour later, George walks in with doughnuts in hand. "What took you so long?" Lockwood asks George suspiciously.

"W-what d-do you m-mean?" George asks stuttering.

"You took two hours to get doughnuts," I say butting into the conversation.

"Alright, you guys caught me. I went to the library and the got the doughnuts," George says nervously. I could tell that George was lying through his teeth.

When George and Lockwood were talking about a new book, I stole George's phone. "I need to bed. Night guys," George says yawning. 

As soon as George is gone, I pull out the phone I stole from him. Lockwood gives me a disapproving look. "Did you really steal his phone?" he asks.

"Well he was lying," I tell him trying to sound innocent.

"Fine. Go ahead and search his phone," Lockwood tells me, giving up on trying to persuade me to do the right thing. 

After about 15 minutes, I find something. "Hey Lockwood. Come look at this," I call to him.

"What did you find?" He asks coming over to my shoulder.