Gemstone,crystal,saps,and stones...oh my!

Are you interested in using crystals and gemstones in your magical workings? There are literally hundreds of stones out there to choose from, but which ones you opt to use will depend on your intent. Select crystals and gemstones for use based upon their correspondences, or attributes, and you won't go wrong. Here are a list of some of the most popular crystals and gemstones used in magical workings and rituals, as well as ideas for how you can incorporate them into practice.below are some crystals I use in my craft and the workings of the gems

Agate typically appears as a brown or gold stone, and is occasionally found with bands across it. Variations such as Moss Agate may appear with green or blue colors. Connected to the element of Earth, Agate is related to the brow chakra and matters of the mind. Use it in workings related to energy, depression, and mental health. A popular use for agate in magic is to use in rituals relating to discovery and truth, memories and healing, and overcoming feelings of loneliness or sadness.

Amber isn't actually a gemstone, but a resin formed by hardened tree sap. It typically appears in shades of yellow and orange, although a few odd colors, like green or red, are sometimes seen. The color clues us in that amber is associated with fire and the energy of the sun. Use amber in workings related to the throat chakra, magic regarding clarity and confidence, and rituals of protection and strength.

Amethyst is actually a form of quartz crystal, and appears in a wide range of purple and violet colors. Associated with water, it is also connected to the water signs of Pisces and Aquarius. Use amethyst in healing rituals related to the crown chakra, such as treating depression or anxiety, mood disorders, and stress relief. On a magical level, amethyst comes in handy for sharpening the mind and enhancing our intuitive powers.It can also help with cleansing and consecration of sacred space.

Bloodstone, also called Heliotrope, is a green speckled stone which includes shades of red and gold. It's tied to the element of fire, and related both to the planet Mars and the sun. Use bloodstone in magical workings related to general healing, as well as fertility and abundance, both physical and financial. When it comes to matters of the body, this stone is often associated with (as you might imagine) the health of the blood - in particular, menstrual cycles and the circulatory system.

The reddish/orange stone known as carnelian is often streaked with white, and its colors are reminiscent of the rich landscapes of the American southwest. Use carnelian in rituals that involve grounding, because it is indeed associated with the element of Earth. Its healing powers are used in treatments of impotency and infertility, and in some cases it is believed to stop excessive bleeding, such as nosebleeds.

They say diamonds are a girl's best friend, and this sparkly stone has long been associated with marriages and engagements, but it can also be used in rituals treating fertility problems and reproductive health, including sexual dysfunction. Tied to both air and fire, with a strong link to the sun, diamonds are typically clear but are sometimes streaked with yellow. It's rare to find one that's truly flawless.Diamonds can also be used for workings related to astral travel and scrying, meditation, and intuition.

The blood-red garnet, which sometimes appears in shades of purple, is strongly tied to the element of fire and the goddess Persephone. Garnets are related to the root chakra, and can be used in healing reproductive disorders and regulation of the menstrual cycle. Magically, the garnet is connected to the mysteries of women's bodies, as well as moon magic. Use garnets in rites that balance the spiritual with the physical.Of note, in some magical traditions, it is beleived that a garnet obtained through deceptive means will bring a curse upon the person who possesses it, until returned to its rightful owner.