Chapter 2- Ew, blood.

*updated chapter*

Stumbling into my house, I ripped my shoes off and held them tightly in my hands, blindly walking through the main hallway. I found the stairs a couple seconds later than intended, due to my splitting headache, but I still managed to at least grab the railing. Dragging myself upstairs, I sighed heavily and went into my room, closing my door and heaving a breath of relief.

I didn't even bother changing into pajamas before crawling into my bed and snuggling into my pillows. Before completely dozing off, I couldn't help but notice a slight movement coming from the opposite wall. I heard a groan.

Quietly, I crawled to the bottom of my bed and dragged mt hands around on the floor, grasping the leather-ish material of my shoes. I crawled back up and counted to three before switching my desk lamp on and jumping up, shoe ready for hitting. The person moved quickly, jumping up and throwing their hands up in self-defense. I closed my eyes and started whipping my arm around, yelling in the process.

"Avery! Avery, what the hell? Would you fucking stop?!"

"Jesus, Brandon! Why would you do that?" I stop swinging, hearing my older brother's voice. Suddenly my door is swinging open, two frantic brothers running in holding a hockey stick and a pillow.

Really, Lee? What are you going to do? Cover the murderer in feathers until he's dead?

"What's going on?! We heard yelling?" Carter, my other brother yells. He huffs in annoyance when he sees Brandon standing in front of me.

"False alarm, guys. Although, Lee, I like your choice of weapon." I tease my twin brother as he just slumps and walks away.

Brandon, the oldest of the bunch, is 22. Don't ask me why he's still living with us, but he is,
Then there's Carter, he's 18 and a senior in high school,
Lee, my twin brother, is 16, so you can guess that I'm 16 as well,
Nathan is 13,
Grant is 12,
and last, but not least, is Denny. He's 6 and such a cutie.

Anyways.

My headache subsided slightly, due to my near-death experience.

Okay, maybe I'm over-exaggerating, but it was pretty much a near-death experience to me.

"Brandon, what are you doing in my room? Haven't you ever heard of privacy?" I asked, my words slurring just a tad bit. I stumbled back onto my bed, falling and hitting my head on the headboard.

Smart move, Avery.

"You're drunk, aren't you?" He asked, a hint of anger lacing his words. I shook my head, not even trying to lie.

He sighed, running his hand through his hair, pacing over to my drawers and grabbing pajamas. Throwing them at me, the clothes landed on my head. I soon heard a click which, based on the lack of light now in my room, was my lamp and the door close.

"Okay, bye then." I muttered under my breath, pulling the cloth from my head. I changed into the material that Brandon gave me, hopped into bed, and soon fell asleep.

________

Bounce. Bounce bounce. Bounce bounce bounce bounce.

What in the world?

Peeling my eyes open, I instantly regretted it. A mind-blowing headache hit me.

"Argh" I whined.

Bounce.

What is happening?

Carefully re-opening my eyes, I see Denny jumping on my bed.