My heart begins to thump in my chest and my palms become sweaty. I turn around to see Scott peaking through the window, looking at the sheriff. Stiles spots him and runs down the hall toward him. He tackles him and screams at him. "Where were you, Scott!? You believed him! You trusted him! So, where the hell were you!?"

Security guards come to pull the two apart. Scott hasn't fought back and isn't denying a thing he's thrown at him. "Look, your dad isn't the only one that got hurt."

Me and Stiles both notice the blood seeping through his shirt. One, our wounds inflicted by Theo are still not healing. Two, Scott was never really good at tending to his own wounds. Stiles doesn't seem to care one bit. His response to that is, "Oh, you'll heal."

Scott realizes what he means and closes his jacket. "Not me."

Stiles looks to me. I press my hands to my side. "Lydia."

I want to go with them to check on her but I decide to just avoid Lydia. Her powers have been out of control and so have mine. I don't know what can happen with the both of us in the same room. I just wait with the sheriff. I sit by his bedside with both my hands covering his. I can't help but sob as I look at him in this state. I tune out the sound of his heart monitor and listen to his actual heartbeat. It's not at it's best but at least it's constant. "Sheriff, please. You have been shot at and had to deal with me and Stiles as kids. You can make it through this." I wipe my tears and takes deep breaths.

I close my eyes and do my best to remove whatever is killing him or at least take some of his pain. I feel it in my throat but my body reacts uncontrollably. My throat closes up and my muscles tighten then release. I become lightheaded and, before I know it, I collapse onto the floor. When I wake up, I'm lying in a hospital bed. I look outside and see the sun is rising. How long was I out this time? I look at my arms and see dark veins are starting to form from my wrist, up. I guess it's from me trying to take the poison out of the sheriff's body.

I run out into the hallway and see Ms. Martin signing some papers. I can see right from where I am that its papers for Eichen House. Is she signing Lydia off to Eichen House? Has she really gotten that bad? The doctor she's talking to is Conrad Fenris. He's one of the doctors at Eichen House. He and I have had multiple one-on-one sessions. I can Ms. Martin's hesitation but Conrad's words move her.

He takes the clipboard and walks away. He stops when he sees me. "Scarlett McCall. What a pleasure to see you again."

"Nice to see you, too, Mr. Fenris. What are you doing here?"

He gestures back to Ms. Martin who's now talking with Parrish. "The hospital called and me and thought it would be best if Lydia Martin was admitted into Eichen House. She'll be safe there."

"Safe?"

He doesn't answer my question by shifting the conversation back on me. "It has been a while since you were in Eichen House. How have you been since? How are the voices in your head and the night terrors?"

I hesitate with my answer. I don't want to give away anything concerning my powers or what I am. I also don't want to come off absolutely fine because it will look like I'm lying. "Getting better. I'm just taking it one day at a time."

I awkwardly walk away and approach Parrish. Ms. Martin is already gone. "Did you know she was putting Lydia in Eichen House?" he asks.

I shrug. "I never thought her mother would resort to something like this. That is a hell hole. No one deserves to be in a place like that." I look around. "Where's Scott and Stiles?"

"Stiles wanted to talk to Theo about his dad. I think they're at your house."

"Theo?"

I run to the elevator and press the main level button. Right before the door closes, Parrish and I exchange glowing eye glances. His eyes are still the same fire color and mine a bright red. When I get outside, I find a note on my Jeep's windshield. It has one word in bold letters. "Hellhound," I whisper.