~

I packed all my clothes and equipments like guns, knives, you know just the usual.  I never thought that I would meet him again after four long years, but I never expected to be meeting him like this. In my dreams my gun would be pointing right at him not away from him. I won’t even bother hoping that he’d change, it’s not like I care.

I made my way downstairs where my aunt was standing next to the door with Mr. A. My aunt came rushing to me instantly, crushing my body with her strong hugs.

“I’m going to miss you, this is the first time that you’ll be away for so long because of a mission. Maybe I should cancel” my aunt blabbered, her eyes getting watery.

“No don’t cancel and are you sure that’s the reason? or you just don’t want to be alone with him” I said smirking as I nod towards Mr. A’s direction.

“Yeah that too” I laughed at her in denial response.

“Well I better go now, bye Aunt Harriet, bye Allen” and I was off.

~

Ah California, I haven’t been here in a while. I walked down in streets of California with a smile on my face, it’s really beautiful and hot I can tell you that. Good thing I’m not wearing anything too hot, a simple loose rolled up long sleeve shirt, and denim shorts was just the right outfit on this lovely hot weather. Glancing at my phone, I was supposed to meet Mr. Cade at his company to discuss a couple more things before I meet my ex.

A couple of minutes later I finally arrived and sweating like crazy. It was stupid of me to walk thirty minutes in a hot weather carrying heavy luggage. Yes I had a choice of riding a taxi, but I didn’t. Why you ask, I don’t know.

I made my way inside the huge building, a man in a suit instantly came walking towards me.

“Allie Martin” the man said using my fake name

“Yes?”

“Please come this way, the president is waiting for you” he gestured my way to the elevator. He pushed in a card into a slot and the elevator started to move. “Impressive” I suddenly blurted making the man chuckled. It was really quite impressive, it was a smart idea applying this kind of access to Mr. Cade’s office because the floor number is confidential making it harder for anyone’s admittance.

The elevator stopped on who knows what floor, but as I studied the place I’m pretty sure it’s on the thirty fifth floor. It finally opened revealing a high class looking office. A big black desk was in the middle of the room making everything look powerful. The big leather chair that was behind the desk turned around in my direction.

“Ah Allie, you finally arrive. Welcome to California” Mr. Cade stood up from his business like sitting position and walked towards me.

“Take Ms. Martin’s things to the house, and prepare her room immediately” he ordered the man standing next to me. He nodded and bowed in response before leaving the room.

“Ms. Martin, before you leave I would like to discuss with you about the upcoming birthday party for my son” Mr. Cade said as he gestured me to take a seat while sat down himself.

“As you know today is my son’s twentieth birthday party, and I was thinking that I would introduce you there to him” He continued

“Of course, that wouldn’t be a problem” I said reassuringly smiling at him

“That’s great! Well then its settle, you’re dress will be brought to your room later on” I gave a small nod.

“I’ll see you later Allie, I’m know that you rather prefer outside where it’s nice and sunny instead of here where it’s cold and lonely. I know I do” he sighed dramatically making me laugh. “Good bye Mr. Cade, and thanks for the warm welcome”