Hoping the freezer had ice, he used his good eye to look for something that might take some of the swelling away. Luck was on Harry's side when he found an ice pack in the back of the freezer.

Just as he wrapped it in five squares of paper towel, to make it softer, someone knocked at the door.

Harry cursed, luck is not on his side apparently. He carefully pressed the pack to his eye before walking to the kitchen door.

Then he heard Louis' voice as he greeted Liam into their home.

Louis invited Liam into the living room and asked him if he wanted some tea.

Harry cursed under his breath when Liam accepted.

Louis pushed open the door and it hit Harry in the face.

"Ow!!"

Louis turned to the boy who was currently on the floor.

"Harry? Why were you behind the door?" Louis started snickering, which turned into a booming laughter when Liam rushed in.

Harry's hands were covering his face, which has tripled in pain.

"Move your hands so I can see the damage." Liam asked.

Harry did as told and both the boys gasped.

"This is all from a door?" Liam asked in disbelief.

Harry glanced at Louis, expecting him to feel proud at what he did to Harry's face, but instead Louis look regretful, until he realized Harry was looking at him. Then his eyes cut off all emotion and he smirked.

"Uh... yeah?" Harry said, although it sounded like a question.

"I did throw it open pretty roughly." Louis said, trying to save his butt.

Both Louis and Harry know exactly what it's from.

"Gosh, Lou." Liam said, "What's the ice pack doing out of the freezer?"

"I, uh, twisted my ankle." Harry stuttered.

"Well, apply it to your face."

Harry nodded and did as so.

Liam helped him up, and lead him to the couch.

"Harry? Why are you limping?"

"Oh, I cut my foot trying to clean up a broken mug I dropped."

Lies, Louis made you drop it and then made you step in it.

Harry quieted his thoughts.

It's weird how easily you can lie to the ones who love and care for you.

Harry cursed at his conscience.

Maybe it's time for you to just stop trying to cover for him. Maybe you should just stop caring. Stop everything, maybe then, will Louis leave you alone.

That thought intrigued Harry.

"Liam, I'm going to lay down, I have a few injuries I need to sleep off." Harry said hoping it wasn't too lame of an excuse.

Liam nodded caringly, and Harry walked up the stairs until he was unseen.

Liam sighed, "Poor lad looks terrible, I swear to God Lou. You have to be more careful, that boy has been through a lot of emotional pain this week, why are you adding physical? If you lay a single fucking finger on Harry again, I'm going to do the same back to you." Liam practically snarled.

"How'd you...?" Louis didn't finish once he realize he basically admitted to hitting Harry.

"Harry's dumb lies fool everyone, but me. You can see it in his eyes that he is lying, and that he wants help. I don't know why you're like this to him, but you need to fucking stop." Liam demanded. "Take care of him. You owe that much." The door slammed and Harry walked down the stairs as if he hadn't heard their conversation.