Chapter 8 - Hogwarts :D

Hiya :) Hmmm, i've been thinking I'm gonna change the name of George's girlfreind, I really don't like Abigail Ritchards at all! Anyways hope you likey ;)

Oh yeah, and I was pratically asleep when I wrote this so be warned... its not very good -_-

Chapter 8.

Finally the train pulled up at Hogsmeade station, where a large man (he had to be about 7 feet) was shouting

"FIRS' YEARS FIRS' YEARS FOLLOW ME PLEASE, FIRS' YEARS FIRS' YEARS THIS WAY!" 

I think Tonks said I was a third year? But is is my first year... Oh, god. I'm just standing here in the middle of the platform like an idiot. I'll ask someone... umm.. 

I walked up to the large man who was calling to the first years.

"Excuse me? But i dont know where to go. I'm in my third year, but its my first year here. Where should I go?" I asked him

"Oh, yer  must be melody, well i sup'ose yer should come wi' us. Yer can get sor'ed with the firs' years." He replied nicely

"follow' me"

"Err, okay then.." I replied, I really hope I get sorted into Gryffindor with fred and george, I just wanna sit next to Fred again...

I finally snapped out of my trance of what house I wanted to be in when we got to a river. We sailed with three other people in a boat across it, it was quite peaceful really, exept for the two girls gossiping who were in the boat with me, there was also a small blonde boy in our boat, but he didn't talk at all. He seemed to be looking at his camera alot... It's a bit strange being with a load of younger people than me.

"Hey, hey you!" One of the girls who were gossiping positevely shouted at me,

"What?" I replied,probably sounding a bit snappy but I dont care, this girl was sure to be a slytherin. from what she was saying all of her family are.

"Whats your name?" She snapped almost as arrogantly as the last time she spoke.

"Um,  Melody Granger"

The two girls gasped in shock at my answer, no idea why.

"As in Hermione Granger?!? Harry potter's best freind!"

"Yeah, she's my sister"

The girls gasped again and went back to their laughing and gossiping until they were interrupted by the boat stopping rather quickly in front of a beautiful large old looking castle, this must be hogwarts I thought to   myself... In less than half an hour I will see my sister for the very first time.

We all got out of the  boats and went into the castle, where an elderly witch met us at the steps to the great hall. We were told her name was Mcgonagall.

While we were waiting for here to say something, I noticed I was about twice the size of every kid here. Wow.

Finally the witch started to speak

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking and you will loose points. At the end of the year, the houses with the most points is awarded the house cup."

I could hear many mumbles of exitement around me. I don't know why they were so happy, I was only nervous.

"The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily." She boomed before she walked into the hall and we were left alone for a while.

After about five minutes she came back and announced it was time for us to go inside.

The huge brass doors swung open and she led us into a hall full of long tables and over a thousand people. We walked up to a stool with a hat on top of it, i guess that was the sorting hat.

"When I call your name you will come forth, I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." Said Mconagall, holding the sorting hat in one of her hands and in the other a list of what were supposedly names of the new students.

"Firstly" She began "Astoria Greengrass!"

A tall and skinny brown haired girl walked up to the stool, the girl from the boat!

She nervously sat on the small wooden stool and the hat was placed onto her head.

After only a second of putting it on her head, a crease in the hat turned into a mouth and boomed,

"SLYTHERIN!!"

Cheer erupted from the last table along, the Slytherins. Maybe it was just me but none of them looked very nice at all.

I was too nervous to even look round at the Gryffindor table where my yule ball date, his twin, my sister and her freinds were sitting. No matter how much I wanted to.

After a long list of names including,

"Colin creevey!,

 Lilly White, 

 Sophie Cole and Dylan Avery!" It was finally my turn.

"Melody Granger!" 

I walked up to the stool as fast as I could, I better just get this over with.

I sat down and the large hat was placed on my head, I almost fell off the chair when the hat moved and a voice coming from inside it boomed,

"Hmm, where to put you? Smart, I see that, Hardworking and kind, maybe a Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw? Oh, whats this? But i see so much bravery too! hmm, I know!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!!"

Hufflepuff, my house. That wasnt as bad as I expected, they seem nice.

The table closest to where i was standing literally erupted with applause and cheers, much louder than the Slytherins.

 Thanks for reading :) x Please recommend to your freinds, pwease :3 :D