Chapter 6 - Diagon Alley :)

Please can somebody give me an idea what house Melody should be in when she goes to Hogwarts? I really have no idea... Maybe Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff :/ x

We all grabbed Remus's arm, we started spinning and it felt like we were being sucked in to a long tube, I couldnt even breathe.

Suddenly we stopped spinning and landed in a town, with shops and people everywhere, Eyelops owl emporium, Ollivanders wand shop, Madame Mawlkins Robes and many more. I guess this is where witches and wizards buy theyre things.

"Um, Tonks. Where are we?" I say.

"Oh, Diagon Alley! We told ya didnt we?" She replied happily.

"Er, yes, um , i ...er, I forgot" I mutter foolishly

"Thats alright, kiddo. Lets get yer wand first then! Remus had to go somewhere by the way..."

We walked into a large shop with shelves with boxes on everywhere and a small wooden desk at the end of the store.

"Wotcher, Garrick!" Tonks said to an elderly man with crazy white hair and light blue eyes.

"We come to get a wand for young Melody here!" 

I stared at her, a wand?

"Ah, yes, yes. I wondered when I'd be seeing you here, Miss Granger." Mr Ollivander said softly.

"You did?" I replied quietly "Why?"

"why?" He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. "Your sister, Miss Hermione Granger is the best witch of her year,The smartest of her age!"

I felt a sudden flow of proudness inside me, My sister is the smartest witch of her age?

Mr Ollivander held a long, wooden wand out to me.

"Try this."

I took the wand off him and just stood there stupidly.

"Go on then, you have to wave it!" Tonks told me.

I waved it slightly and a load of the wands on the shelves flew off and landed on the floor with a thump.

"Sorry" I said, placing the wand back on the table next to the box it came in.

"Maybe not" He replied.

Next, he handed me a slightly shorter darker wood one. It had a circle round the edge in the  middle.

I waved it in the air and the lighting flickered and then the lamp fell down, closely missing Tonks's head.

"Definately not." He said, in the same calm tone he used before.

I turned round and gave Tonks a 'Is this gonna happen on every wand I try?' look. And I think she understood beccause she placed her hand on my shoulder (again) and said,

"You'll find one eventually"

She nodded at Mr Ollivander who was  holding out a long black wand, with two rings just below the middle.

I took it off him and  i felt a surge of magic flow through me, i smiled.

"Ah, this is the one" Ollivander whispered, beaming at me.

While he was wrapping the wand up and placing it in the box, he was mumbling something to me.. or to himself, I couldnt really tell...

"Black walnut, Hippogriff Talon, eleven inches, excellent for charms, quite springy..."

As we walked out of the shop, we bumped into two tall red - headed twins, both wearing jumpers with letters on them one an 'F' and the other a 'G'.

"Hey, sorry ladies" one of the twins said. As I looked up I realised he was very good looking and I mean very. He smiled at me.

"That's okay. Just on Hogwarts buisness again!" Tonks replied kindly

"Melody, this is Fred and George, they go to Hogwarts too!"

I blushed. 

"Hello" I managed to mumble under my breath.

"Ah, hah! Got another first year have we then Tonkie?" Said the other twin, who I assumed was George.

"Not exactly, Melody here has missed two years at school, so technically she's a third year".

"Cool!" the twins said together. I might be going mad but i think Fred was blushing...

"We're fourth years! We might see ya around sometime!" beamed George.

"Um, Fred, George. Can we be...um... friends?" I say shyly, but smiling all the same.

"Sure!" They said together again, it seems impossible how they do that.

"Hey, Mel! Looks like you found some freinds before you've even started school!" Tonks said happily.

"Anyways, We better be off" 

"See ya!" Shouted George at us.

"Bye Melody! See ya on the train!" Shouted Fred aswell.

I was blushing so much I probably looked like a tomato, but i don't care. I think I like that guy...

Next we went to Eyelops Owl emporium, it had owls everywhere and it was very loud. After a hard hour of searching, I eventually found an owl I liked, it was a Gold and white barn owl, I named him Trophy.

After buying Trophy we went to 'Madame Mawlkins robes for all occasions' where I was measured and fitted. We bought three pairs of plain  robes, One with the Hogwarts crest on it. A beautiful long silver dress with jewels at the top for the Yule Ball, which Tonks told me about and a plain black hat.

We also went to Flourish and Blotts to buy my new books.

We had bought everything we needed and the train left for hogwarts tomorrow morning. 

"You better get some sleep". Tonks said after walking around for a while.

"Need to be up and ready tomorrow mornin' for Hogwarts!"

She lead me into a pub called 'The Leaky Caldroun', which is also a hotel and she booked me a room.

"Room 312, 5th on the right. Don't mess anything up." Sneered the old woman behind the front desk as she handed me my room keys with force.

Whilst we were walking to my room i muttered,

"Charming lady, eh?".

Tonks laughed at this which made the woman give us some strange and annoyed looks.

When we got to my room I said goodbye to tonks as she had to apparate back home, and got into bed. I had to meet Remus tomorrow at the entrance to the three broomsticks at six O' clock in the morning.

I went to sleep pretty quickly that night, despite being concerned about Hermione, what house I would be in,Faye being left alone and nervous about meeting Fred and George.

Next chapter again soon :D

And by the way, the dress at the side ------> is Melody's yule ball dress that she just bought... :)