Twilight of the Gods: Dreaded Ghast

...In the moments after the great sundering and twilight of the gods, as all things wash away, glass becoming stone, stone becoming ash, in the swirling void of stardust which remains, a single entity drifts steadily in the cosmos, his dark bronzen armor showing the markings of his battles, the Vail around him cut apart and stemming off into dust, "where am I?" he asked, then tugging his body in fetal position as he groaned; "don't answer that"...

But in this eternity of tears,

for which the last drop has fallen through, the worth of a hero is nullified, the realms are shattered and no one stands to defy the Phantom of Ages, he who now rules over darkness and dust, but in the distance a light flashes, and he knows all too well of the foes he must face, his soul is heavy in the heavens as he gave off a sickening grin and pulled forth from the dust a mask, having no openings upon its faces, its etchings were loathsome and vile.

The Phantom drew from his side what seemed to be a dagger pointed at both ends, having Jaggers and thorns almost incomprehensible , which in bright light by then morphed into what was a bladestaff in both his sickly hands, but in truth this was the tool of all ends and comings, the jewel of the Light gods who he had so blatantly deceived.

And he said to himself through the thick dark, "bring forth champions in the shroud, to defeat my enemies and return my silence". and hence began the new realm, great filaments collapsing on one another with forces great to rip worlds apart, much to the differing tone of the old, he made structure of the chaotic worlds and galaxies and at some point quaked in laughter as he yelled; " no! no! ... Chaos!"... The light gods were escaping the sanctum he left them, he could sense this in every moment of his actions.

And when the time came, the mighty world eater broke free, and it came for him, still hungering for the feast of a god, he was shocked, but yet amazed, angered, but yet, filled by much merriment of the dragon Ald'wyn's presence, this was the folly of his new found power in the staff, eventually his mind would burst, and no one would be safe from the phantom, like neutrinos, raping the very fabric of existence.

And thus came the light gods, the Vanir, who had only but moments ago slew the last Atsir (Aesir), and crushed to dust the last of the descendants, and at last among them a king is crowned, who sent forth the Mighty lords of the Machines who defend and destroy, yet it shook not the phantom, who said in a manner all could hear throughout the light stream "you will seek war, but never find it"... and with that he vanished into the wretched abyss of his new universe.

And hence the hunt begins.

Fin.