A LOST BROTHER

A feast is held in the grand hall as a welcome home celebration for Thor. Volstagg tells the tale of the destroyer back on Midgard in his own words, "And then, with a mighty bellow, I flew into the giant metal beast and laid it low."

"Is that another way of saying you fell on your huge," Fandral interrupts.

"As a matter of fact, falling down was a tactic," Volstagg corrects with a laugh.

Thor moves through the hall and passes his mother with a smile before he goes outside to join his father. Sif stands up and rests beside Frigga, "My Queen, I'm so sorry for your loss," She apologises. "How is he?"

"He mourns for his brother. And... he misses her. The mortal."

"And Liana?' Sif inquires but Frigga looks down.

"She's taken Loki's passing the hardest. She hasn't left his room since it happened."

~*~*~

Through the palace, Liana sits in her brother's chambers lost in her own thoughts. She remembers the memories she shared with Loki inside this very room. She had performed her fist spell here, even though it was unsuccessful. She had been trying to levitate a book, but instead managed to turn his hair a bright green. He never got angry, he only laughed and turned her hair a bright blue. She remembered when she was younger how Loki was always the one to comfort her when she had nightmares and the one who reassured her there were no monsters under her bed. Loki had taught her to ride her first horse and kept her occupied when she was put in bed rest from falling off said horse. He entertained her with magic all day long.

His betrayal still hit her hard and her heart still lay broken but when she saw him fall, when she lost him, everything changed.

Unlike her family, Liana refuses to accept he is gone. He had to be about their somewhere, for while she felt so much pain when he fell, she did not feel her bond with him break. For Liana if that is not broken then her brother is not dead. They just had to find him. Liana leaves Loki's room, determination fuelling each step as she disappears into her own chambers.

After about an hour or two she was dressed, packed and ready. She had to go looking for Loki. If everyone else believes him to be dead, it is up to her to prove them wrong. She leaves a note to her family upon her pillow for them to find. It doesn't so much explain her absence just that she would return, and she would bring her brother home.

Liana stands in the middle of her chambers, taking one last look around before she closes her eyes tightly. She will find her brother, whatever it takes.

With that thought clear in her mind and a spell whispered under her breath, Liana disappears from the room, vanishing without a trace.