13. IMPASSIONED [EDITED]

Last edited 6/17/22

❝The fuck you doin'? Lazing around like a half dead drunk out after the bar?❞ A young man scoffed, lifting one of the other crew members by their leg upside down as they dangled helplessly in the air. ❝Ah? Hey! Put me down, August! You're being an asshole!❞ The crew member exclaimed, trying to swat the young man.

August opened his mouth to retort a ruthless insult back, but he was interrupted by a laugh coming from the staircase. ❝August? What happened this time?❞ August scowled at the crew member, ❝Nothin'. They're just lazy.❞ The crew member that was dangling by the foot had gasped dramatically and placed his hands over his chest as though he had been shot dreadfully.

❝Oh no! I've been wounded! [Name], you have to help me! Take my revenge for me, please!❞ He then proceeded to play dead in place to tease August. You mused, watching the crew bicker with one another as they both playfully bantered with cheerful moods. 

❝Luca, be nice! You know how August is.❞ You gave the two a knowing look to where August huffed, dropping Luca in order to cross his arms. 

❝Hey! Ow! You're gonna break my nose!❞ 

❝Stop yappin', you're so annoying.❞

Luca rubbed his nose with a half hearted glare at August who turned to leave him behind in favor of catching up to you. ❝[Name], what's on today's agenda?❞ Luca turned his attention towards you while the rest of the crew seemed like they were not paying attention, but they were interested or keen in knowing what their new task was for the week.

You blinked, cocking your head to the side as if you were puzzled by his question that was directed towards you. ❝Huh?❞ You gave the tanner male an odd look, ❝What makes you think I know anything of today's agenda?❞ Luca deadpanned at the sight of your excuse, ❝[Name]! You're like the one who knows everything that goes around here. How could you not know?❞ 

Keeping your odd look at the young man who beaten by the glaring hot sun, no longer pale like the nobleman he once was— Proudly standing tall at the height of 5'11 with wheat colored skin as he crossed his arms to show more of his confusion. 

❝Is that how you think of me?❞ Your teasing smile sent the young man to be flustered by your bold actions. Luca immediately threw his hands up in defense to protest or defend himself from your daring comments. ❝H—Hey!❞ He turned his head away to deny he ever said such a thing, the man's flustered face was still comedy gold to you. 

❝The elusive Luca all high and mighty, now reduced to a shy stuttering mess.❞

❝[Name]!❞

He whined, wanting to swat you for teasing him like that, but he knew hands down that you were merely joking and he was fine with it. These cute playful banters made him relieved that he didn't have anything similar to this to when he was expected to be a perfected nobleman for his family.

Ah...

Speaking of family, he hasn't seen his in over nearly a decade after he decided overseas would be a perfect getaway for his own reflection. 

❝I'm thinking of visiting home again.❞ 

Luca paused and faltered his own voice as he raised his hand to place a gentle touch of reassurance on your shoulder. ❝You know, you can always ask us to come with you if you want.❞ Luca recalls the time they had first met, the young woman was hiding, and running away from a bunch of bandits who thought that you were an easy target to make off with.

He had witnessed the young woman take all five of them on her own, but not before getting jumped by the last two who tackled her down to the ground in hopes that she would give up. Luca had never seen anyone more stronger and braver than yourself who even managed to protect yourself. You had street smarts after living in the commoners' streets for months, but it seemed it wasn't enough as you caught the attention of their filthy leader.

The reddish brown haired male had shown up and scared the other last two away as the past you laid injured on the ground. Propping yourself up as you warily stared at him, the distrust could be seen easily within those [e/c] hues of yours. ❝...Thanks.❞ 

The surprise could be written all over his face as he heard your gratitude, most people run as soon as possible after getting helped or seeing him and trembling in fear. You... You actually thanked him, it was a nice warm feeling he enjoyed, but not an everyday type of thing, isn't it? 

❝You got a name?❞

❝...Only if you introduce yourself first.❞

Luca blinked and then laughed at your wariness, finally the young man had calmed down enough to introduce himself properly. ❝The name's Luca, nice to meet ya!❞ You pursed your lips, debating whether to respond nicely or not, but he helped you despite nobody else coming to your side to aid your survival.

❝...[Name].❞

❝I know, but I'll be fine Luca.❞ You reached over to pat his head, ruffling his hair as he complained that you were messing up his hair again. ❝I'll be fine.❞ You reassured yourself more than telling the wheat colored skinned male who heard your mumbling.

You were finally going to visit home, after many years of avoiding that dreadful memory of your family. You were positively sure that they had never missed you, no mention of any search parties, nor any letters that came from that estate. Perhaps, you were just a fleeting dream that decided to come and take its' departure from the family.

Were they finally happy that you were no longer there in the picture?

How long and what has changed in that town of noblemen? 

❝Augustine, Captain wants t'see ya earlier, but it slipped my mind when I found the two of ya flirting with each other a moment ago.❞ You recalled the words your captain told you several minutes ago as the realization had come to the surface. Ah... Was your captain still waiting for August for some private talking or some shit?

Whoops!

Augustine scowled at the use of his full name, ❝For the record [Name], it's August. Not Augustine. Gods' forsaken that blasphemy fancy noble name.❞ The dark haired male brushed past you as he made his way up the stairs, but he paused for a moment to mutter a few words of reassurance. 

❝...Stay safe, would you [Name]?❞

❝Aww, is August concern for me?❞

❝Shut yer trap!❞

You would finally visit that hell hole you once called home, quite some time since you came back. Though to be fair, it had been about seven years since you last seen it. They would be in for a hell of a surprise, knowing that the same meek black sheep [Name] was not the same. Instead, you were a fierce person who had gone through storms and raids that honed your stone heart.

Like hell would you ever be scared by a bunch of snooty noblemen and noblewomen!