5. INCOGNIZANT [EDITED]

A/N: Oh my fucking god, I had a whole draft saved up, and my page refreshed. I lost what I was writing and now I'm stressing again. 

"Where were you? Running off and being unladylike in public? I've had enough of it, young lady! Being out so late at night, what if you were caught being—" 

You slammed the door shut, your [e/c] hues pierced through your mother's shouting. Her words had pushed you over the edge, you were practically assaulted, and all she could think about was reputation. It made you sick of her constant nagging of how a person should be seen or the similar things beyond the lines. 

Whatever the hell happened to any concern for your wellbeing? 

"Indecent?" Your words came off as derisive, the mocking tone implied that you weren't here to play around or get away. You were just simply in a bad mood and being caught on the spot—

Well, of course things wouldn't end so well. 

Much less, you had something awful just happen to you prior moments. Family, friend, or parents— Hell, you wouldn't even spare them from your odd mood swings. Your messy hair was no longer the kempt and clean meticulous appearance your mother often fussed about to keep you perfect

"If anything, you shouldn't be using those words against me, Mother. The same could be said back to you," Your words were hinting something else and she paled at the second you hinted it. She knew you knew of what she had done, but in return to play as the concerned mother— She had messed up. 

"I'll be heading to bed." You left the room, a side glance to your right to inform your maid that you needed a bath. 

You did need one; being touched and man handled so ruthlessly by a stranger. Perhaps you should take in mind that the next person playing the pig to eat the tiger, would answer so dearly to your sword. 

Idly, you sat in the tub  of steaming water. The first touch of its scalding heat made you despise the fact that everything is reality. You knew how much it hurts that your family didn't at all really like you, knowing that you were the black sheep of the family. Your siblings were everything above you; your sisters were married to influential people that acted as allies on your families' behalf. 

While your brothers were powerful figures as well, but knowing that still put your heart at ill. You had one thing that they could never hope to achieve.

The attention gained from their parents.

It wasn't a secret between the others that you were more favored in their eyes; being coddled like a child at a young age. Being spoiled, having the affection from a parent that hadn't ever decided to neglect you, or the fact that you could get away from nearly almost everything. 

Mother had opposed to even liking you, instead she had taken up giving her affection to her other sons and daughters. While you had sought approval from your mother, you had learned she would never come to see eye-to-eye with you. Not as long as you marry far from them and hope to never come home; for a mother's heart is not always there for those who live within. 

Family dinners were hard when you were younger. You could remember the scornful gazes of your siblings, your older brothers would taunt you ruthlessly, exclude you out of their little games. Your sisters were the same when it came to interacting with others; making sure all the noble young ladies wouldn't go out of their way to befriend you.

Father had spent more time with you instead, evoking jealousy among your siblings. Gaining love from a parent that had put forth in teaching his skills or rather— his affections for you, was merely enough to give you the temporary enjoyment of a family should be like. Father didn't know any lady requirements, so he thought to taught you a bit of things a man could do.

Sword fighting? Not a problem, impart some teachings to you in case you ever decided to have a need for survival. It was not those fancy swinging swords, as if the enemy would allow you to start your flashy attacks. No, but it was the type to strike a foe down when aiming for their blood.

You haven't killed anyone with that pathetic sword play, but you've managed to harm a few boys who dared to keep their fingers outstretched. In these fancy tea parties, many of the noble ladies didn't find it fond in talking with you. Not only did you not talk, but you merely were left to your own devices; raising that carefree attitude you had on yourself. 

The rumors, the talking, pointing fingers, and the hair pulling— it was a consistent daily routine. To which you have grown so numb to it, the act of kindness had been quite hard to obtain from yourself. Even if anyone you recognize briefly or a short time noticed, had been getting robbed or wrongfully accused. 

You would turn a blind eye to it all.

After all, they had not done any effort in befriending you nor had they done anything to put within the much effort of creating any friendship groups that linked towards you. It was an 'eye for an eye', if they had something to say. You wouldn't mind letting them speak to your sword that dragged carelessly across their neck. Taunting them, giving them an illusion of a brief death, and quite frankly— They would not be missed.

It was only that rare time you had decided to impart such kindness. You weren't sure why, but being so stoic and stone-faced all the time— was absolutely boring in a sense. Surely, everyone feared you or stood away from you at all costs as isolation was a heavy burden on a child. 

But it gave you a sense of comfort in those times before you had met [F/N] and [Crush's Name]. It was a nice change even if it meant to be a fleeting brief moment. 

But of course, you had regretted getting so close that you could practically be paranoid at this point. Interacting with a strange man in the forest? What were you thinking? Was your brain full of sand or something? Hopefully, this man would take heed to your words and carry on cautiously, surely they would understand that you were not interested as they had believed in? 

"Lady [Name]..." You heard your lady-in-waiting call for you, her tone was hesitant and uneased. You weren't sure to why she was behaving like this, but you brushed it off. Whatever the problem was, you could possibly deal with it later. Finding the root of the cause, may cause you a bigger headache than you should ever intend it to be. 

"What's the matter, Alora?" 

Alora hesitated once more, the words seemed to be swallowed back without an effort of it being seen. "Never mind, lady [Name]. It seems I have forgotten what the question might have been." You didn't think much of her question, at this point you should have allowed her to speak her mind since it was incredibly important to you. 

Perhaps she'll get another chance to mention it to you. 

Or perhaps she'll be dead by the time you have come to that conclusion. 

A/N: Slowly making progress of the plot changing. I will not be hiding any of the chapters that are currently seen as < edited >, you may read the old plot. You won't understand it since I've changed it, but do please proceed with caution.