"Are you sure?" asked Pie.

Kim smiled at her. "Don't worry. It's not like you're mom's gonna bite me..."

"Well I can, Kim, I can," the older lady said.

Kim chuckled at it, feeling a little awkward.

"And I've killed people too before."

"Mom!"

"Kidding..." the older lady said, turning to her daughter. "I'll be gentle. I promise. Now you prepare while Kim and I will talk in my office."

---

The lively aura mood suddenly changed into something uncomfortable. Pie's mom had completely turned into a different person now. Kim is starting to really get anxious about this talk.

"Take a seat," said Pie's mom, pointing at the swivel chair. Kim sat down and watched the older lady leaned her butt against the table. "I'm gonna be quick with this. Are you sure you're not just playing with my daughter's feelings?"

"No, ma'am. I can't do that to her. I care for her as much as she cares for me," said Kim quickly, feeling totally nervous now.

"So, you're saying that you really love her?"

Kim nodded. "I can prove that if you want."

"And how can you prove it?"

"I... I'll take good care of her..."

"Until when?"

Kim's mouth opened but she couldn't make out an answer.

"See? That's what I'm talking about." The older lady shook her head. "This type of relationship doesn't really last."

"B-but, ma'am, believe it or not, I'm serious about her..."

"I know. I can see it in you, and I can see it in her too. That's the only reason I've allowed her to date you. I've never seen Pie so into someone like this."

"I... I'd like to thank you for giving us a chance to be together..."

"No, don't thank me yet. Let me make it clear first that I still want my daughter to be married to a man someday."

Kim looked down, flexing her jaw. She knows she won't be able to win if the argument is about this.

"To be honest I'm seeing this now as a phase in Pie's life, in your lives," said the older lady. "We can never disregard the possibility that both of you might fall for somebody else in the future, right? Now tell me honestly, until when are you planning to date my daughter?"

"I respect your opinion on the matter, ma'am," said Kim, still trying her best to be calm even though it feels like she's being interrogated in court. "However, you also ought to know that Pie and I are aware that what we're having now isn't momentary."

"I really hope it's not," said Pie's mom. "My only concern here is my daughter. I can't bear seeing her again crying like last time, which was because of you."

"I am sorry for that, but that was unintentional, ma'am —"

"I know, I know... but I'm in me is still worried that you might do it to her again."

"Believe me, that is the last thing I have in mind now," said Kim, looking at the woman eagerly.

The older lady studied Kim's face first before she leaned both hands against the table. "Just to let you know, I'm being nice now because this is the first time I've seen my daughter so vibrant and so bubbly. It's like she's found a new life, and ironically, even if it's because of you, I love seeing her that way. But I have to be honest here and let you know that I still don't like her having this relationship with you."