Moments

"Are you done yet?" asked Pie. She's currently grooming her hair in front of the mirror.

"Two more minutes, okay?"

"Ugh! You're so slow, Kim."

The bathroom door creaked open, revealing Kim from inside. "Slow? You're the one who woke me up late, like five minutes ago, asking me to get ready right away."

"Well, I never knew that it would take me a lot of effort to wake you up, honey," said Pie, putting emphasis on the endearment.

Kim walked towards her. "Are you done yourself?"

"Yes, I'm ready. Hey, what's that!" Pie was surprised to see Kim's face still drenched in water, having an I-just-woke-up hairdo.

"What? I washed my face," said Kim innocently.

"And you're going out like that?" Pie grabbed a towel to dry Kim's face. "Tsk. You're such a kid, Kim."

"Mmmm... I wasn't planning on going out like this, f-y-i," said Kim, her voice muffled against the towel.

"Whatever." Pie dropped the towel and stared at Kim's hair. "What are you gonna do with that?"

"This?" Kim brushed her fingers through her hair while peeking at the mirror. "Let's just leave it like this."

"Tsk. No!" Pie cupped Kim's shoulder and turned the latter to face her. "It's better this way." She fixed Kim's hair with her hands. She knew that it didn't need much effort. Whether Kim has messy or combed hair it'll surely look nice on her.

"Now how do I look, honey?" Kim asked with her thumb and forefinger against her chin, flashing her signature smile that Pie loved and hated at the same time.

Pie couldn't help but admire her hair art. Kim has changed into a new pair of polo shirt and shorts for dinner. The funny thing about it is the simpler she looked the more her charm shows up. "You're okay."

Kim pursed her lips. "Just okay?"

"Yeah. What were you expecting me to say?"

"Anything but okay, you know."

"Ahm. Okay. Then what adjective would you like me to use?"

"I don't know. Maybe 'striking' would do," Kim answered, beaming.

Pie raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?"

"Or maybe attractive, gorgeous, stylish, or dazzling..."

Pie cocked her head to one side, expressing her disagreement. "I didn't know you were conceited, honey."

"Why thank you, honey."

Bzzzz...

"I guess that's our call," said Kim, walking over to open the door.

Pie went to get her sling bag from the couch. "Just wait, I'm looking for my phone." She was still busy rummaging through the couch when she heard Nam's voice outside.

"Oh, hi, Kimmy!"

"Hey, Nammy, looking pretty tonight, huh?" said Kim, leaning against the doorframe. "Where's Shone?"

"He's almost done retouching his makeup," said Nam, rolling her eyes. Kim laughed at the joke. "Well, you look charming yourself. That shirt looks perfect on you."

"Charming your face," Pie muttered when she finally found her cell phone.

"Ah, yeah? You're the one who gave this shirt, remember?" asked Kim.

"I know, I know. See? I always choose what's best for you."

Pie made a face while approaching the two people by the door. She looped her arm through Kim's and said, "Honey, I'm ready."