c h a p t e r t h r e e

Start from the beginning

"How the hell did this even happen?" I asked myself, sitting back on the couch.

"Well, um. There's a photo to answer that question." I shot Sam a glare and she looked down. "Sorry."

"Don't be. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this." I rubbed my face and groaned. "He's a goddamn idiot."

"Well maybe he's in love with Tyler," Sam deadpanned. "don't you want him to be happy?" She asked.

"Of course I do. Just not with Tyler. Or anyone else but me." I stood from the couch and went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. Sam followed. 

"You know, he does love you." She tells me. "I saw the video of when he proposed to you on stage, I cried watching it."

I gripped the handle on the fridge and tried not to think about that day. One of the best days of my life. The day Brendon told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. 

"Yeah." I finally said, opening the fridge door and grabbing the water. "Want one?" I asked. Sam nodded.

I tossed her the bottle in my hand and grabbed another one. 

"If it makes you feel any better, I still think you and Brendon are meant for each other."

"Thanks, but that ship has obviously sailed." Sam snickered and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"You said ship." She said with a big smile. I wasn't getting it. "You know, ship? Like the way your fans ship you and Brendon? Ryden?" I hummed.

"Oh. Funny." I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It was almost nine. "I'm gonna take Teagan to Brendon's." I said, mostly to myself.

"Ooh, can I go with you?" She asked. I looked at her, her brown eyes almost pleading. Ah, why not.

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Really?" I nodded. "Awesome!" She smiled and I shook my head, laughing and I ran up the stairs to Teagan's room.

She was sleeping on the floor. I picked her up and walked down the stairs with her. I picked up my keys and Sam followed me out of the house and I locked the door.

"Do you need me to drop you off anywhere?" I asked her, walking to my car and putting Teagan in her carseat. She rubbed her eyes but stayed asleep.

"Um, no that's okay." She said softly. We both got in the car and I drove to Brendon's house. "Can I meet him?" She asked suddenly.

"Maybe another time," I told her. "I'd rather not stay there longer than I have to, especially if Tyler's there." 

"Okay." The rest of the ride was quiet and I pulled into Brendon's driveway. Both of their cars are here.

"Be right back." I got out and opened Teagan's door, unbuckling her. "Please don't take off with my car." I told Sam as I picked Teagan up out of the seat.

"Oh my God, I would never." She laughed. I smiled and shut the door, walking up the driveway to the front door.

I pounded on the door, purposely trying to piss them off.

A few seconds later, the door swings open, revealing an extremely pissed off Brendon pulling a shirt over his head. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked angrily. Without answering, I pushed passed him and stormed down the hall to Teagan's room. "Um, I didn't invite you inside." Brendon said following me. I put her in bed, kissed her forehead and pushed passed Brendon once more and headed to the front door. "You aren't talking to me, why?"