c h a p t e r t h r e e

I've been binge listening to TOP.

---

"The penguins waddled like this." Teagan placed her arms stiffly against her sides and waddled like the penguins. I smiled and laughed. "And uncle Jon bought me a stuffed elephant and uncle Spencer bought me ice cream."

"That's awesome baby," I smiled. "did uncle Jon and uncle Spencer pay for everything or did daddy help out too?"

"Daddy was sad." Teagan frowned and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How come?" I asked. She shrugged and hopped up onto my lap.

"He said he was okay but I know he was lying. He's always sad. Just like you're always sad, daddy." I hummed in response and Teagan laid against my chest. I held her and rested my head on top of hers.

"How about we go to the carnival tomorrow?" I said after a few minutes. Teagan jumped up and smiled.

"Really?" She asked excitedly. I smiled and nodded. "Can daddy come?" My smile fell and hers did too when she saw mine was gone.

"Maybe next time okay honey?" She nodded and looked down. I can see how much this is hurting her and it breaks my fucking heart. She just wants both of her dads together.

I put in a movie for us to watch and made us some popcorn, but she fell asleep halfway through so I carried her to her room and put her in bed, kissing her forehead and I walked out, leaving a crack in he door.

This house is so empty without him. It's depressing and almost haunting. I wish I didn't have to be here. When I got to my room, I saw the light blinking on my phone. I picked it up to check it but it was just a bunch of Twitter notifications. My phone kept going off in my hand, so I shut it off without checking the messages and set it back on the nightstand and got in bed, hoping that my brain let me sleep tonight.

-

Teagan is having a blast. I can't go on many rides with her, so I just stand by the side rail and watch her.

"Daddy look!" She yells, waving and smiling at me. I smile and wave back and she laughs. 

"Oh my God," I hear behind me. I was honestly hoping someone didn't recognize me. "are you Ryan Ross?" She asked. I turned around to face her and I tried to smile. Her eyes were wide.

"Unfortunately." I sighed. She looked like she was in shock and she wasn't saying anything so it was just a little awkward.

"Daddy!" I looked over and saw Teagan running toward me. I picked her up when she got to me and the girl in front.

"Oh God, she's so much cuter in person!" She practically squealed.

"Thanks."

"Who's that daddy?" Teagan asked.

"Oh, I'm Sam." She held her hand out, so I shook it for a brief second before taking my hand back. "She looks just like Brendon!" Sam noted with a smile. I cleared my throat and put my head down. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I shouldn't -"

"Hey, it's okay." I said with a small smile. "I'm not worried about it."

"Oh thank God. I thought I just pissed you off." She laughed nervously. 

"Nope, not pissed off." I said. I was starting to walk away but her words stopped me.

"So how do you feel about Brendon being engaged?"

-

I sat on the couch, this Sam girl next to me and I scrolled through my news feed.

Everything was about Brendon and Tyler being engaged. There was a photo and it made me fucking sick at how happy they looked.