c h a p t e r o n e

Three Years Later
*****************

"She's in bed now," I smiled, walked across the room and laid on the bed next to my husband. "whatchya wanna do?"

He looked down at me, set his book on the nightstand and climbed over top of me.

"Are you an option?" He whispered seductively.

"Aren't I always?" Our lips met, tongue colliding and he ground down into me, pushing me into the mattress. I slid my hands up his shirt, feeling his warm, smooth skin. It felt like it's been forever since I've been this close to him.

"God, I want you so bad." He bit down lightly on my earlobe and I shivered. "But you fucked that up." I opened my eyes and his were glaring right back at me, angry and hurt and sad.

"Babe, I'm sorry," I sat up when he rolled off of me. "I told you, it was a mistake."

"You know, you keep saying that." He laughed. "But if you loved me, you wouldn't have broke my heart. You wouldn't have cheated on me." He was starting to pack his bags, throwing everything he owned in them and he took off his wedding ring and threw it into the trashcan. I wanted to scream. 

"Daddy, get up!" My eyes shot open and I saw Teagan standing next to my bed with her doll in her arms. Her hairs a mess and her bright brown eyes are happy. "I get to go see daddy today! We have to get ready!"

For a three year old, she sure does talk a lot.

"Okay, I'm up." I stretched, sat up and tried to push the dream out of my head. I get it almost every night. I got out of bed, grabbed my shirt off the floor and pulled it over my head. "Let's get you fed and dressed and we'll get going, okay?" She smiled and nodded her head, taking off out of my room and down the hall. I sighed and followed her.

-

She insisted that she wear her kid size Panic! At The Disco shirt because she loves supporting her daddies band and making us happy. Okay kiddo. 

"Is daddy going to take me to the zoo today? He said he was. I want to see the penguins, they're so cute when they walk." She put her arms straight down next to her sides and starting waddling. "Daddy, can I have a penguin?" I smiled and shook my head.

"Maybe if we move to Alaska. Or somewhere colder." She pouted and crossed her arms.

"Fine."

"Okay, let's get going." I grabbed her bag with he favorite toys and coloring books and we left the house and I got her settled in the car.

"Oh, guess what daddy!" She exclaimed excitedly. I smiled to myself and focused on the road.

"What baby?"

"Daddy said I could get a puppy!"

"Oh, he did?" I asked. That's typical of him. Anything to make her wanna stay with him more often.

"Mhm and I get to name it. I'm going to name it Dorothy but I'll call it Dottie. Even if it's a boy."

"If you say so." I laughed.

Fifteen minutes later, I pulled into his driveway just as he was walking out of the house.

Still gorgeous as ever.

"Hey." He said when I got out of the car.

"Hi." I replied quietly. It's still hard to talk to him, after everything that happened.

"You look tired," he stated. "up all night?"

"Couldn't sleep." I unbuckled Teagan out of her car seat and put her down.