Chapter 15 : Remembrance

Start from the beginning

Kello looked outside; his hand ran through his dark brown and gray hair, giving out a sigh. "Alright then," he admitted, standing up and placing the tablet beside him.

I swore I could have felt my grin widening so much, that it could have snapped off my face. "Okay, I'll get ready," I smirked as I ran upstairs to my room.

Entering my room, I saw that all my belongings were left exactly where they were last night, it gave a reassuring feeling that it was all real. I went to my table to look through some things for the walk. One thing caught my eye; among the pile of trinkets and equipment in my drawers, I found a recognizable picture. The sunset was magical, with a purplish-orange texture upon the clouds; the grass colored over the sunset. In the picture, I could see my younger self with my dad, running across the grass fields. It's a forgotten memory now; I can barely remember much of it. However, my uncle was there too, to take the photo.

My uncle told me numerous things about my parents; especially my father, Dahak Tetrola, who happened to be a man of many things

My uncle told me numerous things about my parents; especially my father, Dahak Tetrola, who happened to be a man of many things. He was an engineer on multiple subjects such as auto-mobile vehicular machinery and cybernetics, but he, later on, became a part of the police task force, and eventually a soldier in the army. As of now, he is still servicing the army of Arabia.

My mother, Ambra Tetrola, on the other hand, was an artist; great in making crafts out of multiple materials. She has created jewelry ranging from necklaces with rare gemstones to ear-rings with intricate designs. However, my mother left me to my father's hands, and my father left it to my uncle, years later. I didn't really know where they were, but they hadn't been able to be contacted by my uncle for a long time.

Personally, I've felt like the bond with my parents had become non-existent; I felt a more fatherly bond with my uncle than I did with my actual father at the time.

I gave out a little sigh, wondering where my parents were. I fell down on my bed, thinking. Numbness swept in for a second; my eyes began to blur. I rubbed my head as I then looked at my left hand; the symbol appeared for a brief moment, blinking. It stopped and disappeared, and so did the numbness.

My eyes widened; I took in a deep breath, and processed what had just happened. I looked at my picture and pulled out of the frame. I scanned it on my personal printer. I created a copy of the photo and placed the copy back in the frame before calling out, quietly, "Zack, you there?"

After a silence, he replied, "yeah what is it?" He was still invisible.

I showed the picture and then said, "can you keep this with you, just in case?"

I stood there as Zack snatched the paper out of thin air and made it disappear.

"If you want to take any other belonging with you, just snap your fingers and I'll pickpocket the stuff you have on you."

I chuckled a little, "I didn't know you were good at thievery. Well, at least it'll come to use now..."

"...You can feel it, can't you?" Zack spoke out.

"Yeah...I felt my head become numb for a moment." I looked at my hand.

"That's odd, it's too soon," Zack spoke, with a little hum afterward.

"Yeah, I know...But what's done is done. There's nothing I can do about it," I replied, walking downstairs.

I saw my uncle wearing his jacket, carrying his bag behind his back. I guess we were going to stay there for awhile.

"You ready to go?" my uncle asked.

I got my jacket and checked for anything I missed in my pocket.

"Yeah, I'm good," I said as I headed out the door.

_______________________

To Be Continued

_______________________

Thank you all for being patient enough to wait for this next chapter. I was at a semi-Writers Block for a moment but I think I have broken the nuisance for good. 

Credits to-

Image 1 - Hjalmar Wåhlin, "Heaven At Last"